Mosquito Bites?

Chula

Do dogs get mosquito bites? Chula has been soooooo itchy lately, but she's had her flea prevention meds and I gave her a capstar just to be safe - but haven't seen any fleas to suggest she has them. The mosquitos are really, really bad here right now. Nothing else in her life has changed (diet, bathing, etc) that would explain to me why she's so itchy. I'm really itchy too because I have mosquito bites! They're nasty little tiger striped mosquitos.

We don't get much mosquito action over here, sorry. No advice :(

She's itching places with very little fur (like her paws) and I haven't seen any ticks. Also one or two spots on her back, and right behind her ear, but I've checked and don't see any lil creatures. She's also still itching at where she is shaved, but that makes sense because the fur is growing back and her incision is probably still itchy.

Dogs do get mosquito bites. That is how heart worm is passed. A mosquito bites a dog infected with heart worm, drawing eggs from the infected dog's blood. Then jaunts off to an uninflected dog, biting that dog and passing the eggs to the now newly infected dog.

Huskys can also be itchy in general.  If it is a bite from my experience they usually chew the bit area.  Vader is itchy all the time and suffers from horribly dry skin.  With his being jet black it looks like he has dandruff :P