Odd Behavior

mydiamond

Hi guys, another question here. So there's this area in my neighborhood that my dad doesn't allow me to walk into. The reason is: there are lots of buildings in progress over there and the workers tend to whistle and say impolite stuffs to girls that pass by. So yeah I haven't walked to that area for quite a while now but when I'm walking with my family sometimes we decided to take a walk over there. That's when Diamond put the brakes on and flat out refuses to walk. He does this at other places too when he's on his stubborn mode (you know, the "NO! Let ME pick the route!" attitude) but usually I can assure him to get up and walk. At this place, however, I can do nothing to make him walk. The only option I have is to turn around and go somewhere else. But today I found out that Diamond has no problem walking to that area as long as he walks on the grass. Now isn't that odd? I thought he might pick up my fear and anxiety when the workers say impolite stuffs to me many many months ago and deemed the entire area "dangerous", but looks like that's not the case. It looks like he's afraid of walking to that area on the pavement  :huh: mind you when there is no more grasses to walk on he paused for a bit. Managed to assure him to continue walking, but that certainly made me wonder. 

I can do with avoiding that area entirely, but I just thought that this behavior is odd. What exactly is he afraid of? Thanks in advance  ^_^

Could he have stood on something on the path that hurt his paw? With there being building going on ?

hmmmm... Never noticed him yelping or anything when we're out walking, but that is possible.. Guess I need to check his paws after every walk 

hmmmm... Never noticed him yelping or anything when we're out walking, but that is possible.. Guess I need to check his paws after every walk

sometimes when mine stand on something they won't yelp but the will do a little hop with the paw they hurt , maybe that's what happened but u didn't notice , or he might be able to feel vibrations on the path from drills n things if there are any which are unsettling him n he can't feel it on the grass maybe

As its a building site, I'm guessing it's noisy and he probably won't like that too much. But of course, that doesn't explain the grass thing. A texture preference?, or perhaps he was hoping to end up in a field by following the grassy path, lol. Huskies minds are a mystery! Honestly, I haven't got a clue.