Is Your Dog A Morning Person?

aronoiiel

I have noticed a growing trend with Kiana since she was spayed last year. She is not a morning person. Diesel my rescue will do anything whenever I ask him to (if he understands what I am asking the door knob) but Kiana its like trying to get a teenager up and ready for school. My schedule at work fluctuates alot and sometimes I have to get up before my usual time to take the kids out.

Example this morning:

Diesel lets go potty. . . What potty ok lemme stretch and top off a drink and we can go

Kiana lets go potty. . . .kiana. . . No Diesel you just went kiana lets go . . . .come on k-bear. . . .it is NOT to early now get out of your kennel and lets go. . . .kiana honestly I dont have time for this. . . .i got cookies. . . .hot dog. . . .fine diesel can have them. . .kiana ball. . . .GAH lets goooooo. . . . .please. . . .blasted dog. . .

Eventually I end up dumping her out of the kennel or putting her leash on and taking the next ten or twenty minutes coaxing her out. When she is done outside she bee lines for the house and shooms right back in the kennel giving me the nastiest look her cute little face can muster.

Oh man and if you try to feed her breakfast before she is hungry psh. It usually ends up with me threatening to let Diesel eat her breakfast (which he did one morning while I was making coffee so she KNOWS he will lol) before she will dig in. This dog is something else I tell ya.

So I put this question out there does anyone else have a dog that just does not do mornings?

Sorry this turned into a little rant lol blasted blonde dog just rawrgh sometimes lol.

This morning she was even to lazy to go nack to her kennel and just whumped in front of the couch lol givennme the evil eye the whole time.

post-1092-0-95723900-1369836307_thumb.pn

[ATTACH]77173[/ATTACH]

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nikko isn't really much of a morning doggie.  He used to be, but now it seems I have to coax him to get up, wee and eat in the morning.  Yukon, on the other hand, usually wakes me up when he is ready to eat.  Kodi is a morning dog too. 

On the weekdays I get up at 6am for work, so it's routine, but lately I have been able to sleep in until about 7am on the weekends, but we just go downstairs, eat, potty and back up to bed until around 9 :D

Skye is up and out all the time but Shadow is NOT a morning person lol!!!! I let them out their crates this morning at 5.20 am (i had work at 6) and shadow just stayed in bed... he has also done this as late as 8.30am also... lol!

Mine used to be, but not anymore. He used to headbutt me to get up early (8 AM, usually), but now he just lets me sleep in until whenever. 

He sleeps alot - whenever he isn't eating, drinking, or outside....he's sleeping. 

None of mine like mornings or AM in general.  Bear will go down for a wee when the kids get up (around 7.30) then come straight back to bed.  Ice won't leave my bedroom until either me or hubby get out of bed, which on the weekends is usually around 9 ish.  Then he'll get his breakfast, go to the toilet and then straight back to bed with whoever is left in it.  They'll both laze around the house until the early afternoon, somewhere around 3-4ish and then they liven right up until the evening 8-9pm, then it's back to being lazy again!  It works for me, as it means they're used to being chilled out during the days when I'm at work. 

Unfortunately...Chula gets let out at 5:45 - then she wants to be up and running around. The only way she'll go back in the crate is if we are both still home and in bed and someone throws a flip flop at the crate to stop her yowling. 

Zoey also isn't a morning dog. Haha. My OH get's up at 5:30am and she slinks out of the crate and just falls back asleep in the living room under the couch. Then he puts her back in the crate when he leaves. I wake up at 7am and she still refuses to get up at that time. Haha. She'll finally get up and do everything around 8am.

It's difficult sometimes because I have to be at work at 9am. So I leave around 8:40am, and I hate trying to rush her because its her way or no way. Haha.

Luka is not a morning dog. If i want to sleep in he has no issue with this, he snuggles and naps right with me. I have to force him out of the bed in the mornings to just go outside. it drives me insane. he is so active but NOT in the mornings

Luka is not a morning dog. If i want to sleep in he has no issue with this, he snuggles and naps right with me. I have to force him out of the bed in the mornings to just go outside. it drives me insane. he is so active but NOT in the mornings

that's a good job because you are the same lmao

Luka and Nikko ARE like two peas in a pod!  In the morning I sometimes have to drag him downstairs and he slowly goes potty and slowly eat.  The other two will have peed, poo'd and eaten before Nikko even gets to his food!  Then he lays around until it's time for work. 

Luka and Nikko ARE like two peas in a pod!  In the morning I sometimes have to drag him downstairs and he slowly goes potty and slowly eat.  The other two will have peed, poo'd and eaten before Nikko even gets to his food!  Then he lays around until it's time for work. 

lol they sound more and more alike the more we talk! haha yeah Luka is exactly like that. He will lay in the bed until i put him in his crate.

lol they sound more and more alike the more we talk! haha yeah Luka is exactly like that. He will lay in the bed until i put him in his crate.

Yup I think they are long lost brothers!

Nikko is more active in the evening when he gets crazy running all over the place, jumping on the couch, beating up on Yukon lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As soon as I move, Storm is ready for action - outside, walk, food in that order.

Holly will normally stay in her bed (in the bedroom). I'll not see her downstairs until returning from the walk with Storm. My wife jokes (atleast I think she's joking) that if we only had Holly, we'd have an hour longer in bed in the mornings!

Kira is definitely NOT a morning husky.

She wakes up at the first sign of me waking up, but only to get her breakfast. After she eats we go out so she can do her stuff before I go to work, and than she just falls asleep, like nothing happened inbetween, it's like she was moonwalking while doing all this.

My girlfriend is home in the morning and she says that Kira sleeps through the whole morning :lol: