Husky-Less At The Moment

MarKFSmith

Hi - I am Mark, married to Michele living in Melton Mowbray. At the moment we are husky-less but hoping that a couple of them will decide to live with us sometime soon - hoping to get a couple of rescue dogs from SHCGB. At the moment we are busy doing research and trying to find out as much as we can before taking the big step. The site has already answered many of our questions in the day I have been a member.

Would love to hear from anyone in the area.

Best wishes, Mark & Michele

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have a look at some of the lesser known under funded rescues. They really struggle to find homes and the people involved are all volunteers. I am a volunteer for SHWA and there are several other rescues about.

hello mark welcome to the best forum in the world , don't forget we also have 2 husky camps a year too !!! Hope to see you both at one soon

Great Idea Lee.

Even if you haven't Huskied up by October, you can still come to camp.

Most of us have more than one, you'll be most welcome to "borrow" one or two or five and take them for walks.

and simply to see a whole bunch of these gorgeous dawgs all in one place.

You'll get a feel for the different personalities they have.

And. . . 

If you have got your Husky (ies) by then even better.

Check the link.

and have a look in here at the photos from our last camp

http://www.husky-owners.com/forum/forum/117-official-annual-husky-camps-2013/

Hiya Michele and Mark, welcome to husky owners. Good to see you doing your research now so you know what to expect when you get owned by your furby! Please feel free to ask questions - we'll tell it as it is! ROFL

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for the invite to the October camp - only problem with "borrowing" a husky for the day is you might not get it back  :D. I had to pry my other half away from a non-husky the other day whilst in the middle of a run - I thought she was never going to let it go.....

Seriously - will see what we can do. It looks like you have a lot of fun and we do have our own caravan. Huskies in a caravan is going to be an interesting experience!

Thanks for the invite to the October camp - only problem with "borrowing" a husky for the day is you might not get it back  :D. I had to pry my other half away from a non-husky the other day whilst in the middle of a run - I thought she was never going to let it go.....

Seriously - will see what we can do. It looks like you have a lot of fun and we do have our own caravan. Huskies in a caravan is going to be an interesting experience!

Huskies in a caravan is luxury compared to Huskies in a tent !!!

and many of us do it.

All part of the fun. :)

We spend quite a lot of time in the Lakes and North Wales as I am a qualified Mountain Leader - we graduated from a very small 2 man backpacking tent to the caravan when we kept getting washed away and snowed upon. Don't mind one night or two but a week was too much. I am hoping that as I get older the huskies will be able to give me an assist up some of the bigger mountains!

ooh I only just caught this thread. welcome to the pack. If you and michelle go walking up mountains, me and the doofs would love to join you. I really miss the hills but having three on my own is just not good with narrow paths and uneven/slippery ground.