MarKFSmith

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We are husky-less no more - here are sisters Misty (grey) and Kisha (ginger/copper). Both 2 year old rescues.

post-10548-0-46537100-1375964156_thumb.j

Its been 3 days and so far we have learnt:

1. Avoid cats. 
  2. Do not pick up/touch or go near a leash - otherwise there is mayhem - Kisha will emit a sound like she is being murdered and Misty will leap on to the dining room table.
  3. The pair must be within 5 meters of each other at all times - today Misty happened to stray out of view while on a walk. Kisha brought the neighbourhood out as they thought we were sacrificing her in the middle of the street.
  4. Avoid cats or anything that resembles a cat (i.e., small dogs)
  5. Two exciting dog games: who-can-lick-the-patio-door-highest up (the wife is last at the moment) and lets-all-jump-on-Mark-when-he-is-dozing-off (actually I think the wife is the instigator behind this game)
  6. The food which they ate at foster dad's is no good here. Misty won't eat out of the bowl she requires it to be spread on the ground or given to her by hand. Kisha will eat but picks out random pieces and places them anywhere she feels. The exception is raw chicken....
  7. Have I mentioned cats yet?
  8. When they are hungry its amazing what they think prey looks like (a small black lab puppy for example)
  9. No-one prepares you for the amount of hair even when they are not shedding! The sofa has changed colour to white and we have dust rhinos (not bunnies) rampaging around the house.
  10. We don't "walk" we are generally "dragged" around except when we run.....I never knew I could go that fast.

:D

We are husky-less no more - here are sisters Misty (grey) and Kisha (ginger/copper). Both 2 year old rescues.

attachicon.gif20130808_122408.jpg

Its been 3 days and so far we have learnt:

1. Avoid cats. 
  2. Do not pick up/touch or go near a leash - otherwise there is mayhem - Kisha will emit a sound like she is being murdered and Misty will leap on to the dining room table.
  3. The pair must be within 5 meters of each other at all times - today Misty happened to stray out of view while on a walk. Kisha brought the neighbourhood out as they thought we were sacrificing her in the middle of the street.
  4. Avoid cats or anything that resembles a cat (i.e., small dogs)
  5. Two exciting dog games: who-can-lick-the-patio-door-highest up (the wife is last at the moment) and lets-all-jump-on-Mark-when-he-is-dozing-off (actually I think the wife is the instigator behind this game)
  6. The food which they ate at foster dad's is no good here. Misty won't eat out of the bowl she requires it to be spread on the ground or given to her by hand. Kisha will eat but picks out random pieces and places them anywhere she feels. The exception is raw chicken....
  7. Have I mentioned cats yet?
  8. When they are hungry its amazing what they think prey looks like (a small black lab puppy for example)
  9. No-one prepares you for the amount of hair even when they are not shedding! The sofa has changed colour to white and we have dust rhinos (not bunnies) rampaging around the house.
  10. We don't "walk" we are generally "dragged" around except when we run.....I never knew I could go that fast.

:D

Sounds like they have you right where you want them to have you. :P

Looks like you've got some serious training to get these two into shape.

Good luck :up:

Ha ha ha - welcome to our worlds - especially with you on the seperation anxiety issue - Taiya sounds like she's having her toenails removed without anaesthetic!!! And not to mention the excited Scccrrreeeetthcing when you first start our walk or have to wait for the Pelican to change to cross over to the park on the other side of the road lol!!!

thanks everyone - despite the "issues" they have been very good. We have no problems at night - they go to bed easily and don't make a sound all night and are very gentle unless of course they are having a play fight then its best not to get involved.....