Luna Is Driving Me Crazy!!!

love4Luna

She is now 17 weeks old, and this has started maybe a week or so ago. She has been getting VERY noisy & loud in her crate at bedtime. I'm talking screaming and howling, and throwing herself against the insides of her crate. Also, in the mornings when she wakes up she does the same. It used to be a quiet whine for just a couple minutes then she was quiet. At night she will go on for over in hour!!

During the day, I literally have to watch her like a hawk. If I even go off to use the bathroom for 2 minutes she destroys something. She is getting more aggressive with my kids, jumping and snapping at them! Also, jumping and biting at me and the hubby. She is just making me mental!

I'm wondering if I need to up her exercise... A tired pup is a happy pup :). Which that is a bit hard, seeing that she got spayed Wednesday. But this started before she got spayed. I'm just at my witts end.

I know she is still a pup, and maybe this is puppy defiance? Pent up energy??? I am open to ANY help or suggestions.

Try mental exercise

Kongs

Puzzle balls

Even an old soda bottle with treats in.

Make her work for the treats.

Take her for her last walk of the evening

Then give half an hour of that or training for tricks

Sit roll over lie down etc

Try to tire her out mentally too :)

I do have a couple of kongs. Those are about 50/50, I probably should look at some puzzle balls. And we do work a lot on training. She starts back up this week from her 2 week hiatus from bumping up a level in obedience training and her spay. I just feel like I'm failing her somewhere and I just haven't figured out what need I'm neglecting.

No you're not letting her down

SHE is getting into her teenage years where she is testing hers and your boundaries

She is trying to assert herself and she's hitting her stubborn streak

All huskies go through. This

Agree with Andy here, try your best to tire them out mentally as well as physically.  Keep working on obedience training as well.  Nikko went through this pretty bad, and still tests the limits.  Everytime I leave him for a few minutes he gets ahold of something.  Just yesterday he got some chicken bones on the counter, went after a tissue in the toilet (YUK!)  and shredded some papers.  

Now my other two can be left out probably all day and not touch a thing...but not Nikko!