The Anticipation Is Starting To Get To Me Now!!

HuskyMom09

I have been silently waiting as to not jinx myself- but the breeder messaged me today and let me know the breeding went smooth and 3 ties were confirmed- we'll be welcoming puppies into the world in about 63 days, keep your fingers crossed our next show prospect will be amongst them!

8490_10151618121481590_619649880_n.jpg

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks all!  This is the litter I have been waiting for, for what seems like forever!  Exactly the balance of working and showing I myself hope to be able to maintain in my own kennel one day :)  I have a really good feeling that this pup will be a really amazing addition to our showing/working program here :)

I can't wait to see pics!   The breeder is in Michigan and I won't meet my puppy until Nationals in October when she (or he I suppose) is 12 weeks- BUT I am assured tons of pics and videos to tied me over, and keep me motivated even more so for Nationals :)

I know I saw this before but wanted to say congrats again :D That is so exciting! I hope to get mine involved in dryland mushing here in a few years. Watching your videos only makes me more excited! I can't wait to see the little one grow up and to see how they all perform :)

My plan is another female.  I am on the list for second pick female after the breeder- unless the breeder picks a male in which I will get first pick female.  There is the possibility that it could be a predominantly male litter in which case as long as there was a stellar male I'd certainly consider it.  Having multiple intact males does pose it's own issues which is why I'm opting for a female at this time.

I know I saw this before but wanted to say congrats again :D That is so exciting! I hope to get mine involved in dryland mushing here in a few years. Watching your videos only makes me more excited! I can't wait to see the little one grow up and to see how they all perform :)

There are videos ?  Can I watch ?  Where ?

I am an idiot, lol just noticed the website in your signature,  I'm now going to sit in the corner with the dunce hat on  :rofl:

• 1 month later...

Well yesterday was a bittersweet-  Velcro started to deliver her pups and successfully whelped a light red male.  She had a labor pause, which is not uncommon but as a precaution Linda took her to the vet.  While in route somehow the placenta  for puppy 2 detached.  An emergency C-section had to be preformed and unfortunately puppy 2 was lost.  Puppy 3 a wolf gray female was brought into the world alive.   Momma and the 2 puppies are at home resting.  Its a long road ahead, and too early for any decisions...but thoughts for the little ones-

994245_10200409764227737_1657462016_n.jp1004919_10200409765187761_855628701_n.jp

Oh my goodness, so sorry to hear that. My heart goes out to the breeder too, it must have been very hard for them. On a more positive note, there are still two beautiful little pups who I pray that together with their mum will recover shortly and grow strong and healthy. Big hugs to you Lani. X