Husky Looks Terrible After Blowing Coat ???

I am a foster mom to a Husky.  He came to my home in Feb 2013 & he was beautiful with his winter coat up until one month ago.  He is a long hair solid black mask with blue eyes and tan under and tan legs.   (( Question )) Is his full black face a rare face marking ?   I will try to post photos.   I named him Kodiak  (call him Kodi).  ((( 2nd question ))   He blew his winter coat in May.  He looks so bad now.  His new coat is much shorter and uneven.  He hardly has a thick mane around his neck now?  Does it take some a long time to get their summer coat looking better?  

I owned an Akita and she did not blow her coat at all like this Husky did.  His hair came out much different than my Akita.  His came out in long string like pieces. 

He is on good food.   Natural Balance Duck and Pot.   And I cook chicken and veggie stew and put over their dry kibbles.   I keep another Husky for a friend going on 5 yrs now.  Female Husky - she does not blow her coat at all like my foster Husky did.  He looks much like a wolf now that he has blown his coat  because his coat is shorter, thinner and duller and very uneven.   I understand the dull.   He is outside all day now and likes to lay in the cool dirt.  

Some wondered if he might be a hybrid when he first came to me.  I thought his build and coat looked just like a full blooded Husky ... but now after I saw how he blew his coat and see how he looks now ... I have to question if he is full blooded ?   I want to post photos to get your opinion.  I am adding his BEFORE photos right now.   I will soon add photos I took of him today.  (after he has blown his winter coat). 

He is fully vetted and up for adoption.    He is in the United States in NW Georgia.   post-10568-0-77213100-1370311735_thumb.j

post-10568-0-81268600-1370311751_thumb.j

post-10568-0-28982800-1370311770_thumb.j

post-10568-0-50152500-1370311790_thumb.j

Personally by the pictures, he looks like he may be mixed with something. I def see the husky, just doesn't look full husky [not to me anyhow]. He is gorgeous nonetheless. :) As for the coat, I can't tell you much on the longer hair. My husky mix always has fairly short hair and when he blows, it doesn't look much different than before [after brushing that is, until then he looks horrible with all the tuffs of hair sticking out all over his coat]. Hopefully someone can help you on that one better. 

I think I've seen that tail on woolies before.. and I think he just may be a wooly husky. No, the full black face isn't rare. If you look up Agouti Husky you'll probably find a few similar faces. I really don't think he's mixed with wolf, as I said purebred sibes can have the dark coloring and face. No help on the blowing coat issue hopefully someone else can answer that none of mine have even properly blew theirs so I wouldn't have knowledge on it.

Mobezilla... I have to agree with you ... I keep a Husky who is long hair (her name is Brooke).  Her tail too is full and course fur ... along with a full and course hind legs.    Kodi's tail and hind legs look EXACTLY like Brooke's.   Brooke is full blooded long hair  Sib. Husky.    Brooke is a full time inside dog and I have never seen her blow her coat.  She goes to a groomer often too.  Thx for Agouti Husky.  I did not know of this type. I found this site and it does say it is rare.  It also says the Agouti has light tan under markings and Kodi does have the light tan instead of bright white.   Again, thank you for informing me of the Agouti !   I think I am on the right trail now.  :)

Yeah some people, especially 'breeders' trying to sell it, may say its rare, but honestly I don't think any type of dog is really rare unless there's extremely few of it. I've seen and know of plenty of agoutis, its not as common as the traditional sibe markings, but I really don't consider it rare.

Mobezellia ... I forgot to show you the link to where I read about the agouti.    This site states it is "very rare".   http://www.huskycolors.com/agouti.html   

Kodi has the stripe on nose, cream under and black top tail and cream under.   :D

Again thank you to send me down the Agouti path.  

Mobezellia ...  I just read where you said not so rare & you have seen many.  ok, that is good to know.  Here in Ga. we do not see many Huskies .. which is good.  Very warm here during summer time.  The snow dog breeds I think are more comfortable living farther north.   My Akita died at age 10 this past Janaury.   Love the breed.  Such a wonderful loyal breed.  Wanted another, but I did not want to own another Akita here in Georgia.   Just too warm here for an Akita during the summer months.