Paranoid I Know

Stranger

Ill try and keep it short

Basically, went to a friends house to drop off some stuff quickly.

Boys were in the back of the car and her mum and dad came out to meet them.

Her dad was clearly a dog person and knew how to treat them (they have 2 staffys)

Anyway, situation was, i was busy talking to my mate and her brother with her mum fusing the boys in front of me (i was looking over her shoulders talking to my mates) not paying any attention to what she was doing. Next thing i know Parker growls....she starts saying, did he go for me, did he just go for me (FYI she was a bit drunk)

Now i knew she had his face cupped in her hands and was trying to get a kiss, but i am not sure if Parker was growling at her to tell her to  let go and back off, or if he was growling at Kaiden cause he wanted all the attention (tends to be what happens)

I can hand on heart say NEVER EVER has Parker done this, and straight after he was happy getting attention from me.

Parker is happy for you to touch him, although i have never known a stranger to shove their face into a dogs face they dont know.

Kids fuss him and he is fine, but again never known a kid to shove their face into his.....he lets me and everyone i know do it, so i dont know

Darn it, i normally pay close attention, and the one time i am distracted he reacts and i was not witness.....

He was kissing her dad and was fine, although i didnt see her dad holding his face

Opinions please

much luv peoples xxx

Most dogs don't like the smell of alcohol on peoples breath.

If she was holding his head trying to get a "kiss"

He smells the breath and tries to pull away not liking the smell.

She holds his head tighter determined to get a kiss.

(because she's drunk and stupid)

he growls and tries pulling away harder.

and so the story unfolds.

agree with what Andy said Sasha does that she doesnt like it when drunk people are around her or when they try to touch her she pulls away and will growl as first warning if they touch her then she will snap at them if they try again.

holding a dog you dont knows head is a bad idea in the first place thats just stupidity in my opinion.

Shadow does not like the smell of alcohol atall and will back away from even a glass of wine... cant say the same for skye she would drink it LOL Skye however can growl if she is not getting the attention. Then again the women was getting a bit in his face id imagine neither of mine would like that.

• 4 weeks later...

The first time we heard Kobi bark was at a pint i'd left on the table - i had no idea what he could be barking at, but when i moved it he kept watching it. So yeah, could definitely be an alcohol thing.

Presume no-one was hurt?

No harm done, but i know that's not an excuse, have they seen this lady before or since (when she's not had a drink)?

Though the alcohol didn't make things better, holding a dogs face and forcing them to look at yours is a huge mistake from someone not well known. She may of been trying to get kissies, but a dog doesn't understand that...all they see is being forced to make eye contact with a stranger they don't know and she was lucky she didn't get a tooth to the nose. However you really don't know what happened, but I would take it as a sign to be more cautious the next time. If someone is trying to force your dog to give affection, it's time to ask them politely to let him get to know them first [assuming they didn't know them real well? I wasn't real clear on that point].

It's just better to be safe than sorry sort of thing. Even the friendliest dog has their boundaries. :)