Jumpy, Bratty, Bitey Little Teenager.

Chula

I don't know what we did wrong. :(  I feel like it's a personal failure. We followed all the rules on bite inhibition, she was with her litter til 9 weeks, we do NILIF. It's really frustrating. She is definitely doing it as a method of getting attention because it's not a violent type of biting, just a "HEY PAY ATTENTION TO ME/PLAY WITH ME" type of nip. She is so good with other things. She will sit and wait patiently for food and water. She will sit and wait at the door before going outside. She mostly walks well on a leash, though she still will pull hard if she sees a squirrel or cat. She will "leave" items most of the time, she obeys the "watch me" commands. She is so sweet most of the time.

But the nipping is outweighing all of it because it makes her hard to be around. This problem has actually gotten worse after spaying, which I was a little worried about. :(

The only thing I can think of is that OH plays chase with her outside and she loves it. We've stopped chase and tug for now, but it seems like that's what she is trying to initiate. 

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know, it's just getting worse and not better. So I think we do need to get some one on one training and figure out how to stop her from using the nip as a method of getting attention. I am primary caregiver, but I have no idea really what OH does when I'm not there. He may respond to her demands, which may be letting her believe they work.

Shadow knows if I tell him enough to stop and will lick to say sorry.

Skye tbh has never really mouthed where as shadow took months and months to stop he was a nightmare!!!!! It will go up and down with huskies in any kind of training you think everything is going great and that's the end of the stress then suddenly something starts again or something new but lets face it life would be boring without them ;) lol