Boy Am I In A Predicament

lynnmw1208

So I told you guys in my re-introduction that we were looking to adopt. Well this very nice reputable breeder with beautiful show quality dogs emailed me with this face.

securedownload.jpg

I still haven't heard anything from the adoption agency on the dog for adoption. What would you guys do?

This is the girl we want to adopt

DSC09256-L.jpg1-L.jpg

Awww beautiful parti eyed girl. :)

Cute puppy.

Do you wan't to go through the whole training of everything and sleepless nights,

or get one that is past all that and you just have to correct a few items.

Thanks for the comments everyone. I think we are going to go with adopting. I got in touch with the adoption agency and we'll see how it goes. For some reason I feel my heart pulling towards the rescue (named Polka). I loved having Pongo as a puppy but then I remembered all the work it took and the sleepless nights of him crying and thought maybe not haha. If the adoption doesn't work out, there will always be puppies right? I just really hope it does work out as she is just beautiful and I've always wanted a piebald husky. She's rather young too at 2 years old so maybe she'll make Pongo less lazy  :rofl:  I'll keep you informed when I know more about the adoption  :)

Having had 3 of my dogs from pups, there is a difference in how they interact with you. It's easier to train them 'from scratch' so to speak but then there's the adoption route.

You will never know what the dog has been through or what might trigger a reaction. IF you are willing to accept that, then I'd go for the rescue.

My 4th is a rehome that I private fostered for 3 1/2 months before she went back to her owners. She ended up being offered for rehoming so I took her. She is a totally different kettle of fish!

She's stubborn but lovable, cannot be trusted around cats (the others are ok-ish as they've always been around cats), she wouldn't think twice about bolting & running off given a chance........

I had to train her from scratch as well! It's worth it if that's what you want & as you say, there are LOADS of Huskies out there needing homes, so many that I think people should actually STOP breeding them, for a year at least, to give the rescues a chance of finding loving homes.

Something that will never happen unfortunately :(

Both are beautiful, I would have both if I were in the position to but the piebald bitch is gorgeous :wub: