A Recommendation From Alaska.

JGxironman

Up here in Alaska there is a lot of specialty things for huskies. It took awhile to find a treat that my dog loves, but now I found it. 

Yummy Chummies!

They are made from wild Alaska salmon so it is very healthy for your favorite puppie in your life. Since farm salmon contain a lot of unwanted chemicals and additives for the fish to survive in the close environment it can make them very bad for you and your puppie. 

:D

Plus your dog goes crazy for them. I fed him one the day I got them and he ran around the house how happy he was for about an hour... :D

hmmm, lots of additives added to that product. 

I would consider buying a food dehydrator and making my own, cut salmon in treat sized pieces and leave the skin on where possible.

you are probably right  :) All I am saying is it is really easy to make your own jerky and you will have a super product whether it be venison, chicken, fish, liver  etc. You can make up a batch when in season or on sale and freeze what you wont use in a couple of weeks. Not only that but most are yum for humans too.

I heard salmon is bad for dogs - whether it is cooked or not. Salmon (and trout) can contain a parasite that is lethal to canines.

I have been feeding Bear and Brooke with salmon and potato kibble from wainwrights. There must be a way to make it safe. Just spotted Stormys reply, I guess that's probably the answer right there. Lol.

Why freeze them? Making them into jerky preserves them.

Most Human Jerky is marinated in a solution that contains quite high salt which acts as a preservative much the same as the additives on the product you showed. I imagine you would only freeze if you are making a bulk lot.