Bizarre Borders

Elyse

• 3 weeks later...

Talking about weird borders. My dad stumbled upon this city in the Netherlands near the Belgium border called Baarle-Nassau:

post-2355-0-54296200-1371928535_thumb.pn

I looked it up and was surprised Google Maps wasn't lying. It really is that way!

baarle-nassau.jpg

This means that you may live in the Netherlands, but you neighbour lives in Belgium and the end of the street is already the Netherlands again. It even includes little parts of farmland outside the city that are partly part of Belgium for no apparent  reason. To avoid confusion they made it very clear which part of the city your in though.

post-2355-0-77655900-1371929257.jpg

But the funniest picture I found is probably this one. Where does this person live??  :rofl:

10096097.jpg

You can see it for yourself here in Google Maps.

I have been to Canada many times. Never realized any of this. Pretty interesting.

Elyse. . . . 

I posted mine (June 5th) before you posted yours (June 15th), I don't see the problem?? 

No, Jason...haven't seen that one. But yeah...borders can be crazy. There's one right in my city (though not as crazy as Jos's example! LOL), where one side of the street you live in St. Catharines, and the other side of the street you live in Thorold. 

I posted mine (June 5th) before you posted yours (June 15th), I don't see the problem?? 

No, Jason...haven't seen that one. But yeah...borders can be crazy. There's one right in my city (though not as crazy as Jos's example! LOL), where one side of the street you live in St. Catharines, and the other side of the street you live in Thorold. 

LOL I was pointing out that Great minds think alike. . :)