Huskies Make Good Guard Dogs!

BingBlaze n Skyla

Yeah right!!!!

My uncle came round yesterday n let himself into our house lol n what happens !! They attack him ............ with licks n beg for a fuss!

Who said huskies make good guard dogs........!? Lol

i think people expect huskies to be good guard dogs as they look like they would be a good guard dog, and they play rough, but when it comes to people the best you can hope for is the noise of your huskies being so excited it wakes you up.

our suki is an occasional guard dog. some times she barks if she is out by the back gate and someone comes to the front door, but it is not very often

Wodak actually guards! Although he doesn't protect the house, he protects his two females! He's very aware of everyone that walks past the house and barks when something's not right. Of course he looks out for other dogs, he couldn't care less about the humans  :rolleyes:

Mine are the same.

If it wasn't for Echo and her. . . 

"you're a stranger and I'm going to eat you" act

Then anyone entering the house would first be wooed menacingly at,

Then licked into submission until the police came.

or the person opened the boot of their car and the huskies would attempt to hide in plain sight to follow the miscreant.

Surprisingly Kai is actually a pretty good guard dog, he barks at anything unusual or if he feels something is not right. He has quite a big bark too so i guess that helps, hes also sometimes quite protective especially over my younger brother. I have a uncle with a deep voice that Kai doesnt really like for some reason and one time when he and my little brother were playing footy in the garden he kept standing in front of my brother and barking at my uncle until he was a safe distance away. Once he was told too back of he did but its good that he knows to protect his family :)

Heh I think just the look of their eyes is enough to have people back off. I put a beware of husky sign in my front window to deter thieves lol. Little do they know that if they were to proceed into my house they would be greeted with howls and licks. I think  my cat would bite before Pongo  :rofl:

None of mine guard. They don't even bark at visitors. Only time they go off on one is when we all come home after a trip out, then Brooke barks the house down and ice sings in his crate. Bear doesn't do anything vocal when we come home, she usually has a soft toy in her mouth. Good job too as the other two make enough noise as it is! Lol.

Edited by emma1979

Our Gunner will howl if a stranger comes to the front door or if hes out back in the yard and a stranger goes back there. He howled at the electric guy one day when he came to read our meter...I went out there and he asked if they were nice and I said yeah (while Gunner was still howling and Ammo was growling at Gunner), he said I don't know about that lol.

But if someone or a dog just walks by, they wont bark or anything. Only if someone comes in the yard Gunner does, Ammo doesn't.

Still not good guard dogs as they wont do anything but bark/howl lol.

Sasha never use to bark/woo but since we've had Dozer she will bark and woo at anyone that comes near the house even if she knows them if she knows them its more wooing and jumping around like a bull if she doesn't know them she sounds really angry and has a deep growl/bark.

Dozer is a great guard dog. He will let them into the yard but won't let them back out mos of the time he bails them up haha someone opened our side gate don't know what happened but no one was there when we came home but Dozer sure scared the crap out of me when he calming walked out the gate and came up to me in the dark lol they must have got to the edge of the house before he chased them out that's where he led me to.

Kieko does nothing, Kimba my GSD will bark and bark, Even with the door opened, she oftens bunny hops at you as well, scares people that don't know her. The cold callers soon leave :D Mail men have been known to knock, then run out to the gate. She does look like a bear though lol.