I Dont Believe It

the inlawz have come home with ducks!

flaming ducks!

i have 3 high prey driven dogs and they bring home 5 blooming ducks?

which are gonna live at the end of MY back garden!!! @&%@&@&@&&@&@&@&@&@&@

how am i gonna.stop the dogs from killing them? :/

fml

I just had a bird fly in the house about 20 minutes ago.. Never stood a chance once Sky saw it. You could put chicken wire around the pond?

thats the best part.

there is no pond! they have ducks and no pond!

nothing prepared for them. i imaginexthey will live ib the rabbit hutch for now!

Here's what you do. . . . 

With great sincerity, take your inlaws by the hand. . . 

stare straight into their eyes.

and on behalf of the Huskies thank them for the feast that the pooches are about to have.

and explain that they will be seeing duck feathers in the dogs poo

for the next few days.

Explain that the next time they get some hair brained idea into their heads, please consult with you first so you can advise them

and save them a shedload of money.

Be thankful, they'll have

good solid poos for a few days :)

Is there not a farm near you who could take them? Ask around

Even though its only natural for the dogs to think ''Oh its mealtime!!'' I don't think its fair on the ducks to just leave them to it. Even if the ducks are ''protected'' they'll certainly feel a threat and be very stressed, once the dogs have spotted them I highly doubt they'll stop until they've got them. Seeing as a duck can live up to 10 years I can't see it work in any way.

If it was me and the in-laws complained afterwards I'd just tell them that I'd done it for the safety of the poor ducks, and it was incredibly ignorent on their part to bring them there in the first place.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

Why will they be in your garden? I know they live next door but don't they have their own garden? Maybe it's just me but it's a bit much to buy an animal and expect you to accommodate it without any warning!

Why will they be in your garden? I know they live next door but don't they have their own garden? Maybe it's just me but it's a bit much to buy an animal and expect you to accommodate it without any warning!

the fil has an allotment bit at the end of our garden coz ours is bigger.

since my brother in law owns more of the house than my hubby and we live rent free i cant say anyhing!

but apparently they may not be staying.

it seems like there was several cardboard boxes ofthem at this auction and that box wasnt wanted :(

so i think they took them to save them

the fils dog has already tried to get them.

but really, boxes of live animals at an auction? thats so wrong!! :(

they are sweet, i gave them more water in their dish and they went nuts and 3 of them are wearing fluffy hats!

oh and their names are daffy, donald, huey, duey and louie. daffys the black one :)

pics tomorrow.

Is there not a farm near you who could take them? Ask around

Even though its only natural for the dogs to think ''Oh its mealtime!!'' I don't think its fair on the ducks to just leave them to it. Even if the ducks are ''protected'' they'll certainly feel a threat and be very stressed, once the dogs have spotted them I highly doubt they'll stop until they've got them. Seeing as a duck can live up to 10 years I can't see it work in any way.

If it was me and the in-laws complained afterwards I'd just tell them that I'd done it for the safety of the poor ducks, and it was incredibly ignorent on their part to bring them there in the first place.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

im not a heartless moo so no i wont be letting them get them if i can help it.

i was in tears telling my fil i dont want to clear up the.dead.bodies. i dont want that to happen :(

I hope your in-laws quickly sort out a plan for them. It will be hard for you and your gang once they realise there are ducks about.

When Mia killed our neighbours chicken it was upsetting for all of us. But ever since the incident Mia does all she can to try and go in their garden again, and there are no chickens in there anymore!

Great names by the way, cant wait to see the pictures. When I was a child we had a pet duck named Orville, sadly when he was 4 a fox got him :(

Huey, duey and louie have gone to my sister in laws.

Not because of my dogs but because of my father in laws dog george. Even in their garden he keeps going mad trying to get them.

So now we have donald and daffy left.

we have ducks and chickens but the dogs and the other creatures all have separate huge enclosures. Dogs and ducks have their own paddling pools and all seeem quite happy. We did lose one to Storm when we first got her as my dad didn't think she was as prey driven as she was and just recently we lost another to a weasel or similar as it stripped all the feathers and meat from the neck and nowhere else. Your situation is obviously more difficult though and I hope it works out safely for the ducks as it is upsetting for everyone when the dogs kill something.

As far as having animals at auction, that is how the vast majority of farmable animals are sold in this country - the guy who keeps sheep and cows in the field to the front of us is really nothing more than a dealer and he buys them cheap at auction fattens then up for a few months then back to auction for the food industry. Kind of puts you off your burgers doesn't it.

we have ducks and chickens but the dogs and the other creatures all have separate huge enclosures. Dogs and ducks have their own paddling pools and all seeem quite happy. We did lose one to Storm when we first got her as my dad didn't think she was as prey driven as she was and just recently we lost another to a weasel or similar as it stripped all the feathers and meat from the neck and nowhere else. Your situation is obviously more difficult though and I hope it works out safely for the ducks as it is upsetting for everyone when the dogs kill something.

As far as having animals at auction, that is how the vast majority of farmable animals are sold in this country - the guy who keeps sheep and cows in the field to the front of us is really nothing more than a dealer and he buys them cheap at auction fattens then up for a few months then back to auction for the food industry. Kind of puts you off your burgers doesn't it.

thanks.

well it seems the two are staying and I hope that he makes a suitable enclosure to keep the ducks apart from the dogs including his.

I have kinda fallen in love though they are very sweet.

Now 3 have gone the two remaining are very sad :(

they have a washing up bowl for a pond atm lol and seem to like it. 

Yeah its horrible the poor things.