Quality Tennis Balls

CPWK13

Hey, there! Just wondering if anyone knows of some quality tennis balls, or something similar? Kato likes to play fetch with his, but when he is done, he likes to chew on the ball, and it just crumbles. Not only is it messy, but it also makes it so we can't play fetch again. I'd love to get him a quality ball, that way he can play fetch and chew multiple times.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will have to look. I'm pretty sure we got off-brand tennis balls for him, so I will need to look into something better. I'd love to get him a Kong toy, the only reason I haven't yet is because I feel like large one would be too big for him, but the smaller and medium ones are too small. Being a first time Husky mom, I'm not really sure what he can and cannot handle.

• 2 weeks later...

I give the girls the Kong brand as well. Tunes likes to remove the fabric from them on occasion.

I read somewhere that you should be wary of balls specifically used for playing tennis as the fabric is constructed as such to 'take a beating' and if you have a serious ball-chewer, the fabric can cause excessive wear on their teeth.

We gave up on tennis balls years ago.

the local pet store and places like Wal-Mart do

a solid coloured ball.

It's solid rubber.

We have 5 of them in different colours and they've lasted years of throwing, chasing, slobbering and chewing.

They are heavier than a tennis ball, but far more resiliant

Nikko and Yukon would not really tear them apart, however now that Kodiak is here, they only last a few minutes, he tears them apart fast!  And since Yukon will eat anything and everything, looks like I will be putting those up!

Yeah tennis balls are out of the question for us too, Nika rips all the green off them as soon as she gets them, then they get punctured within 3 days!

Kong toys are really good, and they have all sorts, I'd recommend trying a few styles of toy out, my parents' GSD Dexter had one of those that you can fill with biscuits, and we just threw that around for him! Although if you have any breakables around I'd watch it, they're heavy and Dexter took the TV out on more than one occasion!

Everything I have found so far just seems so cheap. We got him a four pack, and he's literally sitting next to me while I'm typing this destroying one of them. I have half a ball in the garbage can because he just tears it to pieces. :wacko:

• 6 months later...

Id try the solid rubber balls.. You can get them from pet shops and wilkinsons... We have never had one destroyed... They last forever unless i throw them next door with my girly throwing lol

Sent from my Windows Phone 8S by HTC using Tapatalk

sorry made me literally laugh out loud! ;)

Osinn11... Its shocking how bad my throw is.... I'm totalling 4 balls, a frisbee...stuffed ducks and 2 ball on a ropes pmsl

All in 1 year

Sent from my Windows Phone 8S by HTC using Tapatalk

Yup the neighbours dogs love us.

Every couple of weeks

New ball or toy comes sailing over the fence.. . . sigh. :P