Do You Like Snakes ????

Removed #5

I use two rooms of this trailer to live in; I can keep them warm in winter and cool in summer.  My computer sets on the counter between the living room and kitchen.

So, last night as I start turning things off, getting ready to go to bed I see this snake come out from under my couch - which is where I sleep. Needless to say Not good!!!!!  (( 'bout three feet long and about as big around as a nickle ))

Since I live in the desert, my first thought was 'Oh shit, rattler!' but decided in short order that it was one of the 'racer' family.

Grabbed my broom to see if I could sweep him out the front door and he took off behind my heater, then my plant stand (in front of the patio doors off the living room), then under a catchall beside the front door (had to work to get him out from under that since it sets flush on the floor!), he then heads into the kitchen - oh shit, the last place I want him is under the 'fridge!  So he gets directed - trusty old broom - toward the back patio doors and eventually I'm able to sweep him out the back door.

Never once did he offer to strike so it didn't take me long to realize that he wasn't dangerous - just a bit of an irritation.

My dogs were completely weird!  Sasha, who's laying on the front porch gives me this "What's all the excitement about?" look, but doesn't even get up.  Avalanche, is really interested in what happening but he was good about "get back!" but as soon as the snake was gone, Avalanche is all over his trail - obviously the snake left an odor wherever he was and Avalanche followed it.  He also spent the next half hour looking at the couch and into the kitchen - as much as if to have said "Well, any more?"

and a fun night was had by all - except maybe the snake ...

and no, I didn't gt pictures!!!!

I don't particularly like snakes, but I am not as freaked out about them as some people that I know.  Yukon, however loves snake jerky he finds plastered to the street :o

Spiders, however I cannot handle. 

I love snakes, though we don't see many up here. Glad it didn't bite you. :)

Yeh, me too since I didn't really know what it was. I have to admit I wasn't really looking all that close - just trying to make sure he was far enough away that he couldn't unwind on either me or the dogs if he was a viper. (( finally decided he wasn't but .... ))

I don't mind domisticated ones, infact I quite like them, but wild ones are a big no no, we had loads of viper type snakes in the country side where I grew up in France, my grandad would always tell me ''watch out for the snakes'' when I'd go play in their fields, but the worse experience we've had was when our rottie x staffy was bitten by one, he was very lucky but it nearly took his life, lets just say no mercy was shown and the snake was killed with a shovel.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

Love snakes !  Sarah he's gorgeous, stunning colouring.  I had a pair of pine snakes many moons ago, broke my heart when my female died,  donated my male to london zoo, last I heard he'd fathered 14 clutches !  Spiders I'm now ok with, guess that's because the oh had a collection,  we started out with one, and he promised only one ..... ha!  We ended up with 32, lying bigger  :D

Didn't bother me too much until he woke me one day at 5am, announced that one had got out and that he was off to work !#@Â¥&!#  it was two days before we found him (minus a leg) and he was promptly renamed houdini. Most of them were ok and could be handled, there was only a couple that were totally off limits we even had a goliath bird eating spider, now he was pretty !

I love snakes. When I was at animal care college I was always the first to want to hold bowie an massive boa constrictor, it took 3 of us to hold him!

spiders nah couldnt get me near the buggers. the bigger and hairier the nastiest!

I can never have a snake hubby hates them.

I love lizards too always have. I want a bearded dragon.

Edited by Storm Angel n Auroras Mum

There was one of those "statistics" picture on the net, saying that you eat around 50 spiders on average per year. Then some people who are much into spiders and stuff said this is complete nonsense as no spider would just hop in your mouth for no reason. :D

thankyou i can now sleep better at night

I f****** hate snakes :angry: , I think they might be one of my biggest fears. Just looking at the pics or on tv creaps me out.

If you wonna go psychological, I've had that fear from when I dreamed that I was surrounded with rattlesnakes, right in front of my house and couldn't escape anywhere, then woke up. I still remember the dream as clear as it was yesterday :unsure: