School Burnt Down Practically On My Doorstep. :(

Emma

Woke up this morning to a shed load of traffic, it was pandamoneom on the roads this morning. Once I got to work, I found out why. Apparantly over the weekend sometime 4 kids set fire to the Muslim boarding school down the road from my sons senior school. What is going on? South east London has never been particularly known for its tolerance but this is getting reciculous, whatever happened to live and let live?

Ps. Anyone wanna swap houses?

To be honest I'm not sure if anyone was hurt or not, I certainly hope not. Someone said its been on the news but I' ve not watched it today and probably won't until the ten o'clock one comes on, so not sure if that's accurate or not. For the last couple months we've been looking into moving into middle England as our money would spread way further property wise than in the south east part of London, our mortgage is rediculous (just under a grand a month, would you want to pay that?!). So the plan is to sell up here and buy a bigger but cheaper property around Suffolk/Cambridgeshire area, and be financially better off and living in a rural, safer neighbourhood. (and get a massive garden for the dogs in the process).

Oh and Sarah, I love you, honestly I do but normal? Who you trying to kid! Lmao. Xxx

To be honest I'm not sure if anyone was hurt or not, I certainly hope not. Someone said its been on the news but I' ve not watched it today and probably won't until the ten o'clock one comes on, so not sure if that's accurate or not. For the last couple months we've been looking into moving into middle England as our money would spread way further property wise than in the south east part of London, our mortgage is rediculous (just under a grand a month, would you want to pay that?!). So the plan is to sell up here and buy a bigger but cheaper property around Suffolk/Cambridgeshire area, and be financially better off and living in a rural, safer neighbourhood. (and get a massive garden for the dogs in the process).

Oh and Sarah, I love you, honestly I do but normal? Who you trying to kid! Lmao. Xxx

Meh I tried :P :P x

IBTimes and The Sun reported that there were 120 students evacuated and two staff treated for smoke inhalation.

The follow on was:

A rise in the number of anti-Islamic attack was recorded in the wake of the murder of army drummer Lee Rigby by suspected Islamic extremists in May

<sarcasm>I'm sure he and his parents would appreciate that!</sarcasm>

Went on to read the write up from The Guardian (there seems to be some discrepancy - either two students were treated for smoke inhalation or two staff members); but you know what - the comments on these articles are enough to make me VERY angry or want to cry, I'm not sure which.

Read about this its awful x

Ps come up north we are all normal :D

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Errrrrrrr.and apparently you are big fibbers too! :rofl:

Sorry Emma this was an awful thing to happen and to be so close must be pretty scary. I still don't understand what is going on back home lately. I'm quite glad we live so far away from it all at the moment.

The house prices in Cambridgeshire are stupidly high as well Emma but I'm not sure how they compare to London these days. I do know that we are supposed to be one of the highest cost of living areas in the country.

Gary.

Thanks Gary. We were looking at the northern parts, well husband mainly, I just go with the flow until he gets carried away and suggests somewhere too far away. My family are all in se london and kent so if something happened i ideally want to back within 2 hours drive time. Some we've seen are very reasonably priced, if you can find a three bedroom semi down here for £200k or less, you'll be lucky! Most average around the £250k plus bracket. But that's just one thing, what I want is to live somewhere safe. Been burgled once, hubby's been mugged twice and the crime rate in Orpington is high in general. I'm bringing up two children in this and they deserve better. I don't want them ending up in some gang, throwing their life away.

Come down Broadstairs! :P

Its safe (granny town) and cheap, I've mainly been looked at rents but as you know I used to live in your area and for the price of a studio flat there you can get a 2/3 bedroom house with a garden, I couldn't believe it lol and easy london access! :)

The news of the school is awful though, but I guess its still lucky no kids were hurt.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

so does that mean no one got hurt? oh gee that's terrible glad to hear there're no casualties though. Come down here to Indonesia ;) what not to love in a tropical country? :P

Well not that I know of, if so, I assume it would be on the news, but didn't even see it mentioned on the bbc website

maybe not yet as they haven't collected enough info?

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/news/10473057.UPDATE__Four_teenagers_bailed_after_being_arrested_on_suspicion_of_arson_following_fire_at_Islamic_school/

No casualties, just a couple that were treated on the scene for smoke inhalation

I used to live in cambridgeshire and cost of living and housing is alot more expensive that way BUT it does depend where you go in cambridgeshire it is a BIG place if you go more Ely side its alot cheaper... also suffolk is cheaper than cambridge for example ipswich sort of way! If you go closer to cambridge town though the more expensive it is but really really lovely places!

• 4 weeks later...

I used to live in cambridgeshire and cost of living and housing is alot more expensive that way BUT it does depend where you go in cambridgeshire it is a BIG place if you go more Ely side its alot cheaper... also suffolk is cheaper than cambridge for example ipswich sort of way! If you go closer to cambridge town though the more expensive it is but really really lovely places!

Sorry only just spotted this. Yes we are looking at the higher regions of Suffolk/Cambridgeshire and lower parts of peterborough. Rural rather than town as yes you're right house prices rise a fair bit although still cheaper than where we currently are. This isnt happening right now as my eldest is enrolled on a two year nvq l3 course so we have time to go travelling and exploring. My BFF is currently off to Lowestoft and I have friends in Wisbech so I have a vague idea of where I'd like to be.