They Said Yes!!!!

RJS

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both social workers have been and gone.

They've said that it probably won't be until February until we meet him, because all the slots for Panel have been taken and because of Xmas.

Also, his name will need to be changed. We've agreed on the name Gabriel....

Its a shame you have to wait so long hopefully an opening will come up so it can be sorted sooner or something.. I love the name Gabriel he sounds like such a little cutie pie.

So happy for you both xx

The countdown starts here then. It's a shame he won't be with you for Xmas but to think that you could all be a family in less than four months after the long process you've already gone through must be very exciting! You're nearly there now! Xxx

Aww what a lovely name, why do you have to change it though just curious?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Basically, both his birth parents have contested the placement, plus they live not too far away from us, and with a name like he has currently, it would be very easy for them to find him.

will you still get him then? How does that work?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Yup...

Because the placement order is final, it can't be reversed. Also the father has been in prison which means that he wouldn't be granted access to the child in any case.

When we read the full report, and finished the meeting with the social workers, all I could think of is "I wonder if this has been on Jeremy Kyle!!!"

Yup...

Because the placement order is final, it can't be reversed. Also the father has been in prison which means that he wouldn't be granted access to the child in any case.

When we read the full report, and finished the meeting with the social workers, all I could think of is "I wonder if this has been on Jeremy Kyle!!!"

thats good news then at least you will not be let down after all this time, so happy for you both you will be fab parents and far better people for the little lad to be around, great role models, great parents me and my pack wish you all the luck in the world.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Has a life appreciation meeting been offered?

Do you mean meeting the birth parents? If so, it's been mentioned, but the mother has stopped replying to any letters and calls, so I doubt that would happen yo be honest.

Sometimes birth parents attend, but personally I find adoptive parents get a lot out of meeting with the professionals who have worked with the family prior to the decision to place a child for adoption. In the case of Gabriel with him being 2 there would, I expect be several workers. The meeting will give you a really good opportunity to ask questions to the people who actually know the answers you may want. In my previous role I undertook parent capacity assessments, so spent a lot of time with birth parents. These meetings allowed the adoptive couples the chance to fully understand why things went wrong, but also what was good, because even though the birth parents clearly don't have the ability to be parents and offer what he needs its good to know things such as was there love.

I hope that makes sense!? I suppose as a worker who's worked at both ends of the adoption field I appreciate how important these meetings can be.

Sometimes birth parents attend, but personally I find adoptive parents get a lot out of meeting with the professionals who have worked with the family prior to the decision to place a child for adoption. In the case of Gabriel with him being 2 there would, I expect be several workers. The meeting will give you a really good opportunity to ask questions to the people who actually know the answers you may want. In my previous role I undertook parent capacity assessments, so spent a lot of time with birth parents. These meetings allowed the adoptive couples the chance to fully understand why things went wrong, but also what was good, because even though the birth parents clearly don't have the ability to be parents and offer what he needs its good to know things such as was there love.

I hope that makes sense!? I suppose as a worker who's worked at both ends of the adoption field I appreciate how important these meetings can be.

Aah yes...

That's being arranged. We're meeting up with the foster carer a week on Wednesday, then they are going to arranges other meetings later on.

As the birth mother isn't replying to any calls or letters, it's unlikely she will cooperate.

Aah yes...

That's being arranged. We're meeting up with the foster carer a week on Wednesday, then they are going to arranges other meetings later on.

As the birth mother isn't replying to any calls or letters, it's unlikely she will cooperate.

That's good :) has the foster carer had him since birth?

I hope Mum comes around, she will regret it later on if not.

Will there be in-direct contact?