New Water Bowl!

Jay

Before getting Kodiak I didn't really think of filling up the water bowl as an issue, but now it seems I am filling it up every 5 minutes!  So I decided to change things up a bit and I got this water system that holds a gallon of water!  So hopefully I will only have to fill it up once a day now. 

Anyone else use this or something similar?

post-7184-0-68678000-1370964423.jpg

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That's a good idea! Chula has figured out that if she scratches at her water bowl I will come fill it because I can't stand the noise of her nails on the metal bowl. It drives me crazy. But she tips over plastic ones. I wonder if they have a smaller version. 

Yes, they do.  Comes in 3 sizes, I got the middle one because of limited space in my kitchen.  It should be delivered today so I will let you know how it works out!

Kodiak is a messy drinker so maybe it will be better for him. 

That's a good idea! Chula has figured out that if she scratches at her water bowl I will come fill it because I can't stand the noise of her nails on the metal bowl. It drives me crazy. But she tips over plastic ones. I wonder if they have a smaller version. 

Nope, I only fill my water bowls up once a day (unless its hot i empty all water and re fill so its fresh all the time) as mine dont drink alot whilst about in the house as their raw has alot of moisture in it anyway.

I do however want one of those water fountains so that the water is always fresh and full of oxygen :)

• 3 weeks later...

I've had this water bowl for a couple weeks, and I LOVE it!  I only have to fill it once a day (maybe twice if they are really active).  I find less water all over the floor and it is way easier!  

Thumbs up!

I've had this water bowl for a couple weeks, and I LOVE it!  I only have to fill it once a day (maybe twice if they are really active).  I find less water all over the floor and it is way easier!  

Thumbs up!

Lucky! I'm looking into the two gallon fountain since mine broke.. so at the moment its acting like a normal giant bowl and I'm still filling it twice a day.

I have one that takes the four gallon jugs - Avalanche has that outside on the porch and Sasha will also drink from it. (( along with the local birds and bees - being in the desert, if there's free water out they will find it! ))  It gets filled roughly every other day ... since Sasha spends so much time in the house with me, I have a plastic water bowl for her but I only have to fill it a couple of times during the day.

and yeh, Jason, they are real convenient!!!

Just looking at these.

They are about £30 over here which is around $45

How much was yours ???

i just have a large washing up bowl which i fill twice a day 

and isn't a real pain, when you or Dave accidentally stand on it ( trying avoid dogs having a playful tussle) and tip it over.:eek:

(Usually just after you filled it )

Sigh mop and bucket. . . :)

I just have two normal silver bowls for water but mine dont drink alot as there is alot of moisture in their food. However since having connie and esta here those two go through water so much im re filling them all the time (when shadow brings me the bowl to tell me its empty again lol!)

I still want one of those water fountains though as i dont like stagnent water even if a bowl is still full later on in the day ill empty it and re fill it as the oxygen is good for them which goes after its sat there for a while.

I just have two normal silver bowls for water but mine dont drink alot as there is alot of moisture in their food. However since having connie and esta here those two go through water so much im re filling them all the time (when shadow brings me the bowl to tell me its empty again lol!)

I still want one of those water fountains though as i dont like stagnent water even if a bowl is still full later on in the day ill empty it and re fill it as the oxygen is good for them which goes after its sat there for a while.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/PetSafe-Healthy-Station-Medium-PFD17-11855/dp/B002RT8M8O/ref=sr_1_74?m=A36PFGS3X7NLQ6&s=merchant-items&ie=UTF8&qid=1372411212&sr=1-74&keywords=petsafe

Wow nearly £50 for the complete kit. . . I'll just keep filling my bowl. . . LOL