Harness Or Collar?

Chula

We were using a martingale style collar but when we came upon another dog or something "interesting" Barley just pulls and pulls, so we purchased a Sense-ible no pull harness last night at dog training class. The leash attaches in the front so it is supposed to turn the dog when they pull. Hopefully will give us a chance to get him where we want him instead of trying to hold back a lunging dog. :)

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We were using a martingale style collar but when we came upon another dog or something "interesting" Barley just pulls and pulls, so we purchased a Sense-ible no pull harness last night at dog training class. The leash attaches in the front so it is supposed to turn the dog when they pull. Hopefully will give us a chance to get him where we want him instead of trying to hold back a lunging dog. :)

thats what a WYDWL harness does. it works great

That's funny!  Can you imagine having Luka and Nikko on a sled team?  Who the hell knows where you'd end up!

i don't have anywhere to work mine so i'm not worried about it. lol besides the thought of letting Luka pull me somewhere is absolutely terrifying. he's a lunatic

Harness all the way for me!  With our previous husky, we were using a choke collar (didn't know much at the time) and she pulled so much that she actually passed out temporarily on a walk!  That made me concerned about neck injuries, so now we only use a standard harness.  I don't think he pulls any more than when he's on a collar, and I feel better about not straining his neck.

im usually having to pull the puppy rather than her pulling me atm so she has a normal collar.

read somwhere that using a harness to early can damage the development of the shoulder/chest muscles.  is this the case or do you think skyler would be better off with a harness?

thanks

sounds weird but when i walk the girl indiviually i walk them on there collars when i got all 3 or 2 of them its harnesses xx