Storms

Jay

Well. No power and strong storms here with tornado watches and severe thunderstorm warnings. And Yukon decides he has to potty in the middle of the storm!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If I lived where you do with those kinds of Tornadoes passing by. . . . 

I'd need to go potty at inappropriate times too. :eek:

We are supposed to get those storms here this afternoon. They are predicting some really bad weather with widespread power outages, scattered tornadoes and massive hail. Not looking forward to that, hope no trees fall on m house. Luckily Chula is not scared of thunder. I'm more scared than she is.

It didn't turn out to be as bad as they were predicting.  Since we are close to Lake Michigan, the cool water off the lake made the storms smaller as they came closer to us.  Not much damage, just some trees down.  I lost power at 7pm last night and it came back on at 5:30 am! 

Hope it doesn't get too bad for you!!

We are supposed to get those storms here this afternoon. They are predicting some really bad weather with widespread power outages, scattered tornadoes and massive hail. Not looking forward to that, hope no trees fall on m house. Luckily Chula is not scared of thunder. I'm more scared than she is.

It's supposed to be 96 degrees here so I hope we don't lose power for long, or it will be a long sweaty night! I have a 12v fan and a battery jumper to run it off of but that's not a lot of help when it's that hot and muggy!

It was VERY hot right before the storms here too, probably mid 90's.  I made sure the AC was down really low so it was cold inside because I figured that I might loose power.  It worked, because it only got up to 77 inside by the time the storms passed.  Then I opened the windows last night and it was comfy!

Perfect timing for this thread! I've got two dogs under foot!

We've got a front going through that's producing a thunder an lightening show like you would not believe!  Too bad it's not at night where the lightening really shows up well... 

Getting some nice rain with it - my tanks are now overflowing again! 

Silly dog, this is the first time that Sasha's ever exhibited any storm anxiety, but this lightening is close and the thunder loud!!  Avalanche is now off in his corner, not hiding, just crashed!

It didn't turn out to be as bad as they were predicting.  Since we are close to Lake Michigan, the cool water off the lake made the storms smaller as they came closer to us.  Not much damage, just some trees down.  I lost power at 7pm last night and it came back on at 5:30 am! 

Hope it doesn't get too bad for you!!

That would make having to pee in the middle of the night very difficult. It is already difficult with the lights on!!!! Half the time my husband leaves the seat up and I am so tired I don't even check that I fall in

flashlights! i have a large collection of them from all the times we have lost power over the last few years from big storms. i think i have 3 lanterns and about four mega flashlights, plus lots of little flashlights. :) and some battery operated tap lights that are awesome for storms too.

Jason, I've heard you've got some heavy weather running around up your way.  You take care, y'hear!!

My local weather map currently looks something like this ... at the moment I'm between two cells and expect some more rain & lightening before the day is out.  Needless to say, I'm going nowhere, my road is somewhere between a river and (some not so) solid mud!