Photos Of Tornado Damage In Iowa

Mazz

These were taken in northern Iowa, following several tornadoes that ripped through the area.

http://qctimes.com/gallery/photos-tornadoes-in-north-iowa/collection_df1ecdc8-d412-11e2-88ee-0019bb2963f4.html#0

That's weird, I wonder why you guys don't get tornados over there. Do you not get very hot weather?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lol no.. we're lucky if we get a week of warm weather atm. Meant to be spring yet feels more like autumn.  

Houses here are built very cheaply. Everyone wants a big house for less money and quickly and a lot of new construction, and I think quality suffers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Depending on how big the tornado is, it doesn't matter if it was built out of cement, they still go down. :(  It's really hard to tornado proof a house. But you'd think they'd at least build storm shelters or basements for their own safety - but it does add a lot of expense. And interestingly I read a few days ago that bricks are one of the worst materials for tornado prone areas because they go flying and hit people.

http://www.popsci.com/technology/article/2013-05/can-you-tornado-proof-home