Ares, Go To Sleep!!

winterchillz

Last night we went out for a walk when a really heavy rain caught us like 10 minutes away from home. By the time we got back, we were soaking wet so I decided to get Ares upstairs with me for the night, plus I'd love him to be around again.

So far, so good!

At around midnight I already went to bed, but he was just keep on whining and trying to reach my bed since I've had him on a leash that we were using when he was going nuts (don't ask why, he'd destroy everything in the kitchen!). Feeling guilty I grabbed a mattress and went to sleep next to him. He immediately invaded my bed and felt obligated to lick my face all over. All good, we went to sleep finally around 1 AM.

4 AM ...

Ares woke up and felt like playing. He just sat there, tapping my nose with his paw and when I woke up and told him to go to sleep, he just started barking at me, mouth my fingers, then run away and come back with a jump on top of me and God, he's heavy now!  :wacko:

5 AM ...

Ares still going nuts around and this was my borderline... I let him out in he backyard and went back to sleep..... Just to get the cat trying to hunt my limbs! :rollingpin:

Finally at around 10 AM, with my eyes barely open, late for work and delaying Ares' breakfast with 2 hours, I went downstairs to check out if he's dying of hunger already and what do I see - he's so deeply asleep that he didn't even hear me coming, so I had to wake him up for breakfast! Honestly, I felt a mixed emotion somewhere between crying, regretting my miserable existence or killing both pets and then committing suicide...

I need to get some sleep.

your terrible night co-coincided with my best nights sleep with skyler in 3 weeks.

covered her cage with a bed sheet so it was nice and dark and she went from 10pm to 6am.  didnt hear a peep unless i slept through it!

hope Ares sorts his sleep pattern out soon for you.

Awe! Sounds like a Rough night lol. All mine sleep in my room and Kodi likes to walk on top of me at 530am! Just a half hour before I have to get up for work!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

maybe the room is too broad :D it's a fairly new place to him and it's HUGE, who wouldn't want to play chase? :P

He grew up in that room, it's nothing new for him! :D

Awe! Sounds like a Rough night lol. All mine sleep in my room and Kodi likes to walk on top of me at 530am! Just a half hour before I have to get up for work!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hehe, he's obviously making sure that you wont be late for work :P

Next time just dry him with a towel, and put him to bed in his normal place. :)

Lesson learned.

Kodiak didn't sleep properly for the first 8-12 weeks we had him. I then realised that he found our bedroom too hot and moved him downstairs and he has slept peacefully ever since. I was like a zombie for those 8-12 weeks because it was me he woke up! I'd love him to sleep in our room but I love my sleep more :D

Kodiak didn't sleep properly for the first 8-12 weeks we had him. I then realised that he found our bedroom too hot and moved him downstairs and he has slept peacefully ever since. I was like a zombie for those 8-12 weeks because it was me he woke up! I'd love him to sleep in our room but I love my sleep more :D

You know, you might be right! I felt that it might be a bit too hot for him inside since I was feeling hot too. I second your opinion on sleep :P

You know, you might be right! I felt that it might be a bit too hot for him inside since I was feeling hot too. I second your opinion on sleep :P

It is sad as I'd love him to be there in the night as both our other dogs slept in our room when they were with us. He still thinks it's playtime though :( maybe when he's a bit older and has the sense to go downstairs on his own! Lol.