Incident

Stormy

Had our first incident at work today... im sure ill get used to things like this but anyway....

Some young lads came into the store .. one of them is already banned for stealing so my manager told him to leave and he said i dare you to take this out of my hands so Chris said okay! And took the can of coke out his hands... this lad then squared up to him got his fist ready to punch him and chris just put his hand out and pushed him away so he ran out the store and threw one of our stands over and proceeded to threaten one of the female colleagues instore... in this time also we have safety devices on that we can pull a cord which goes straight through to a centre that decides whether we need the police or not... you can also talk into it and ask for the police which we did. Though they didn't turn up for around 20 mins or so but when they did we had a talk through what happened and obv the cctv... anyway then she went out and one of the lads came back and she got hold of him but he moved about so much she lost him and the main culprit got away but she caught him later on.... so came back in the back of a cop car and they wanted to know if we wanted to press charged so Chris instead of doing that had a chat with him said if you come near the store again etc then i will press charges but for now i wont on condition you dont come back etc.... so we will see!

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Get it alot in sainsburys... there was loads at my old store was a robbery atleast once a week.. the store im at now has also had an armed robbery but was quite a while ago.. was the first thing that came up when i was trying to find where it was :o lol

Even worse! Even if you didn't get a proper upbringing, it's up to you, especially at that age, to know what you can do and what not and behave yourself, so yea ..

Thats not the worst i watched a cctc of someone else who is now banned he was around 50 odd an alcoholic etc kicking off threatening staff etc

Thats not the worst i watched a cctc of someone else who is now banned he was around 50 odd an alcoholic etc kicking off threatening staff etc

Uh ... We don't really have such bans in Bulgaria; I mean, if you misbehave, they'd ask you to leave and that's it. But if some jerk threats the staff and so on, I'd happily kick his ass out.  <_<

Uh ... We don't really have such bans in Bulgaria; I mean, if you misbehave, they'd ask you to leave and that's it. But if some jerk threats the staff and so on, I'd happily kick his ass out.  <_<

Yeah thats all well and good but if its just us women on its quite hard i could try put my "mean" face on but i bet it wont work lol

It's too easy to shift the blame now,  a poor upbringing,  bad schools, bad influences, bad parents, eventually these kids have to grow up and realise there are consequences, choices they make will affect their whole lives. 

So true, my mom told me that when I was like 15-16 years old, realized it completely a few years later.

You have a "mean" face? :lol:

Yes

I know how that feels, having to tell a group of men off when they are too drunk in the hotel is not easy - I usually do my best mum impression lol -

Yeah may need to learn this!

I dont know the devise is called a PSD we wear them they are worn round your neck and are a rectangle shape with buttons on the back which you can also just pull the cord they are designed so that the person having a go doesnt "know" you are doing it :)

I dont know the devise is called a PSD we wear them they are worn round your neck and are a rectangle shape with buttons on the back which you can also just pull the cord they are designed so that the person having a go doesnt "know" you are doing it :)

we have bracelet things which itch lol

Ohh dont think id like them lol i nearly walked out with my one today then activated it taking it off lmao

i dont wear them

i dont like watches or anything on my wrist like that.

If i put it in my pocket i set it off¡ lol

i dont wear them

i dont like watches or anything on my wrist like that.

If i put it in my pocket i set it off¡ lol

lol its actually the first time ive set it off today accidently was because i almost walked out of work with it (i have done that many a time!)

we had the odd light-fingered youth when I worked at Powerhouse (electrical retailers that sadly is no more) but apart from them mouthing off, we never had any trouble. I had worse when I worked in the local water board's call centre, trying to convince customers on the phone that poop coming up in the toilet / sink / bath was their private problem & we couldn't help usually ended up in a flurry of swear words from them! I had many a threat then "What time do you finish? I'll drive down & wait for you to come out of work!"

When I was Manager of a BP Petrol station, we had a bunch of youths 13 - 15 years old

would come in the shop grab a handful of mars bars etc.

wave them in front of the CCTV with a big grin and run out the door.

I had the Police in for a drive off (driving off without paying for the fuel)

So when I'd dealt with that I showed the officers the CCTV of the kids.

They recognised them straight away as constant trouble makers around town.

They said you can prosecute, the evidence is clear, and we know where they live.

However we'd advise you not to bother.

Reason.

You take him to court and being a juvenile he would get a community work order and a restraining order (which he'd ignore)

Then the night of the court hearing him and his mates would come back and put all the windows through with bricks.

So put up with a few pounds of theft per week or have many thousands of pounds worth of windows put through.

It's not right, but it is reality.