My Hellish House

mydiamond

So sick of workers' attitude here in Indonesia  :angry: they just have no respect at all! my dad is doing a house expansion right now which means there're people working on the lawn right next to my home. About a month ago they basically finished the door that would connect my new yard and my current house. My wall already has a large, nicely cut hole but the door is yet to be attached. So they put up some large wood planks to cover the hole. Bad news is; it's wood. I can clearly hear every single noise they make and boy they start early. At around 7:30 I can already hear construction noises. Nails hit, sands shoveled... But the worst is their super loud radio. I know, it's not really a construction-related noise but it's so damn annoying :wacko: they listen to this awful super high-pitched traditional Javanese song in maximum volume knowing that my family can hear it! Can't we have a little peace since, err... well, we're the ones who pay them?? I don't like sounding like such an arrogant kid that acts so bossy just because my dad has money, but seriously this is starting to get on my nerves. Especially because I can't come out of my own house  :angry: whenever I go out to the front porch--maybe to grab Diamond's antiseptic lotion or to feed the fishes--these workers literally swarm behind the bushes in front of my gates (I can still see them though). They point at me, laugh, whistle and say impolite stuffs. Sometimes I turn to look at them, (trying to tell them: heellooo I can hear you and see you perfectly!!) and they would laugh even more. One even dares to make a kissing sound and point at me with his chin! I thought about going out and confronting them but I guess that's just unwise. But I hate being treated so impolitely! I know every worker in this entire nation acts the same way but coomee oon these workers are technically working for me?? Can't they show just a teeny tiny bit of respect?? They're lucky Diamond's not out at the front porch as much nowadays. They're afraid of Dime and that's good because knowing them I'm sure they won't be afraid of entering my yard to tease me  :angry: maybe I should teach Dime how to "bark" on command... Because he doesn't bark. He makes either a super funny monkey noise or this low bear-like grumble. I'm tempted to see how are they gonna react if Dime "growled" at their face hmmm  <_<

We used to have that attitude from construction workers over here about 40 years ago.

Thankfully it has changed and now they get taken to court and fined or even jailed. Also the company they work for get fined too

The worker will lose his job, and the company will lose work because of the bad press.

Speak to your Dad, he's the one paying them, if he threatens to discontinue the contract and get another company to 

finish the job, perhaps they may stop.

As for the noise and Music, well. . . you'd hear that even if the door was in place.

Speak to your parents,  no disrespect intended to you liv, but your sixteen, you don't have to deal with that sort of behaviour on your own, it's not on. I wrote a whole different thing about ignoring them and feeling sorry for their sad little lives then wondered how old you were, my daughter is sixteen as well, if someone behaved like that to her I'd tell them off (well, tell them off = lots of shouting, rude words and fist shaking )  I dare say your parents would be the same. 

Anyway, as for the music, I'm afraid that might be a losing battle, workers the world over have listened to total carp since time began,  

workers the world over have listened to total carp since time began,  

LOL that fish music really gets on your nerves, don't it !! :P

That's not on hun - Seriously tell your dad - if that was happening here and they were saying that to my stepdaughter who's also 16 they would get a serious piece of my mind and if they did it again they would be off the job

xx

Work-related noise, even at 7.30am, I understand (digging, hammering, shovelling etc) but the music & the remarks are out of order. They could be a little more considerate with the volume of the music (but workmen are workmen, after all) but to act like that toward a 16 yr old girl is not acceptable. Do your parents know & understand what you have to put up with? Would they say something to the workers / manager / head of company? I only have 2 boys now in their early 20's but it still would not stop me saying something if I thought it was affecting them

LOL at the carp music  :rofl:

I didn't tell my parents because that's just how workers act across the entire nation and thought that I should just put up with it... But I had it when that one guy pointed at me with his chin and made kissing noises  :mellow: looks like a little conference with my parents is in order..