Worst Of Enemies Now Best Of Friends

Andy

Those of you who have been around a while will remember the fights we had between Echo (White GSD) and Darwin (Husky).

For the first 3 months after rescuing Darwin all was peaceful, then Echo decided she had to put Darwin in his place.

And so it went on for nearly 2 years on and off.

Since we've moved to this house just over a year ago, things really seem to have calmed down.

So much so that in the last few months they've been actively playfighting and chasing each other around in the garden.

Managed to snap a couple of pics before they saw me at the window and came running in to see what I was doing.

post-1354-0-80216900-1371321833_thumb.jp

post-1354-0-15765000-1371321931_thumb.jp

Bless 'em :wub: BFF's

Ohhhh, I wouldn't quite go THAT far,

But it is a massive improvement over the behaviour of the 3 years since we rescued Darwin. :up:

I bet that's helping you relax. When I first brought Teo home there was a lot of food aggression, I had to remove all food bowls, the deer antlers and even some toys! It made me feel nervous about leaving them together, but as a write this they are laid side by side, Teo with a bone and Mia with an antler.....and me with a smile at how well they get along together :D

Aww, i hope Kay and Maya will be able to get along like that eventually!

When I think back to the 2 years of fights and constant bloodshed.

seeing them playing like that is a miracle.

Darwin has always wanted to play and be friendly, but it has taken Echo

3 years to accept him. 

When I think back to the 2 years of fights and constant bloodshed.

seeing them playing like that is a miracle.

Darwin has always wanted to play and be friendly, but it has taken Echo

3 years to accept him. 

We've had Kay for 7 months i think now? Maya would try to play with her sometimes but it'd always end in a fight. They fought all the time and i couldn't have them outside together without Kay having a muzzle on for a while. Maya would attack Kay over any kind of resource or smell, she'd also attack her when Kay was jumping on her or being annoying (she's great at that). Now Maya doesn't attack her unless it's over high value food and even that is about a tenth of what it used to be. They've just now started to play a bit in the house and even in the yard. But Kay constantly tests Maya, Maya just has more patience for her now. We can't have toys out yet, i'm still working on them with that. So i'm hoping with even more time they'll like each other more.

We've had Kay for 7 months i think now? Maya would try to play with her sometimes but it'd always end in a fight. They fought all the time and i couldn't have them outside together without Kay having a muzzle on for a while. Maya would attack Kay over any kind of resource or smell, she'd also attack her when Kay was jumping on her or being annoying (she's great at that). Now Maya doesn't attack her unless it's over high value food and even that is about a tenth of what it used to be. They've just now started to play a bit in the house and even in the yard. But Kay constantly tests Maya, Maya just has more patience for her now. We can't have toys out yet, i'm still working on them with that. So i'm hoping with even more time they'll like each other more.

I'm so glad you're seeing progress. :up:

With Echo most of the time there was no 'cause' no food or toys or even people, simply out 

of the blue she would launch into Darwin. 

Echo was the problem, but we couldn't rehome her or find a rescue.

Why ???

because everyone else would have the same problem.

It took us 6 weeks to get her to trust us enough to let us touch her.

She would have been put down.

We had to persevere.

3 years, and finally. Peace.

I'm not saying she'll never have a go at him again.

But hopefully, it'll be a rare occurrence.

I'm so glad you're seeing progress. :up:

With Echo most of the time there was no 'cause' no food or toys or even people, simply out 

of the blue she would launch into Darwin. 

Echo was the problem, but we couldn't rehome her or find a rescue.

Why ???

because everyone else would have the same problem.

It took us 6 weeks to get her to trust us enough to let us touch her.

She would have been put down.

We had to persevere.

3 years, and finally. Peace.

I'm not saying she'll never have a go at him again.

But hopefully, it'll be a rare occurrence.

I don't think i'd be able to deal with 3 years of what i dealt with. Let alone what you dealt with. I'm glad there's finally peace between Darwin and Echo. :) I've been so happy that i don't have to break up fights everyday. And i'm so glad she got a great family and wasn't put down.