I Do Not Starve My Husky !!!!!

huskywolfdog

So this subject is about my husky shes 2 next month and every time i go out im told shes small???? shes very under weight??? shes skinny??? 

I have spent hundreds of pounds trying all sorts as she has a very sensitive stomach and it comes down to she will eat a certain type of food then go off it, ive tried to leave it down as long as it possible but she still doesn't eat and i mean 3-4 days.

She doesn't eat dry and will gulp down tripe but it doesn't put weight on,

im now trying to feed her little and often and she still not eaten it awwwww im a my whits end as she is 100% pure husky but very very small. 

Ive heard raw diet is good but i dont know food this is, ive seen people giving there dogs raw chicken legs? is that right this dog needs to put weight on

Ive had the rspca round saying that they had a call that my dog is in poor heath and mistreated all a load of s..... and even rspca inspector said shes underweight so i showed her all the receipt i have showing the amount of dog food i have brought. Help !!!!! 

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup raw chicken can help , how tall is she n how much does weigh? Huskies are supposed to be small and lean just most people are used to seeing overweight dogs now days that they don't actually know what a healthy dog looks like

CSJ do a food for sensitive dogs which might also be worth looking at

Hi ... U can  feed her any kind of chicken  raw dosn`t matter  what part of the beast .... but if she have a very sensitive tommy  u might try ORIJEN ADULT 6 FISH  is for dogs with sensitve tommy   . This  food is very high in protein and might  help her  to gain weight as i read u said  she is not keen on dry  u need to top her food with some youghurt or sardines in oil . 

ive tryed that orijen food and she didnt like it so if i get any raw chicken and give it too her, i thought chicken bones were bad for dogs? but thats cats ? always get confused with that one so raw chicken legs and thighs????

Mia was like this with her dry food, I ended up mixing a can of puppy wet food in with her dry just to get her to eat it, she is really good on this.

Have a go at mixing the tripe in with her dry food, see if she will eat it like that.

Good luck with whatever you try :)

My Boy has 300 grams of chicken carcass in the morning and about the same in raw mince in the evening.
Basically with the Raw diet you need a balance of Bone and Meat for them.

Fish like fresh Sardines or Mackeral are good, plus if you add in some offal and Liver ideally ox or pig

Could the sensitive tummy be from allergy to wheat or gluten ?

What area are you in as there are a lot of Raw suppliers out there.

Blaze is just under 30kg and a bit bigger for a sibe

But it will all depend if she likes eating raw as some don't.

Have you tried Eden? It has no additives and 80% meat (human grade) content and can be soaked in hot water to make a paste. I'm not sure if i'm allowed to provide website details. But you can order a sample bag, my dog would also go off food loose poos and weight loss. I would waste loads having to buy new food, but since changing her over, her poos are nice and firm, she has gained weight and she cleans her bowl every feed. 

Give her raw chicken wings, puppy food high in protein to help her gain weight also satin balls, porridge and csj do a mixer that help dogs to gain weight. I have a foster who underweight he is feed puppy food 3 times a day with raw 3 times a week.

You shouldn't feel a lot of tuna. Raw diets are great but you need to do your research on it as you need to give a good variety so they get everything they need. Chicken if you want to put weight on I would advise quarters not wings there is not a lot of meat on the wings or even thighs are better. Also tripe is great for weight gain also :)

You shouldn't feel a lot of tuna. Raw diets are great but you need to do your research on it as you need to give a good variety so they get everything they need. Chicken if you want to put weight on I would advise quarters not wings there is not a lot of meat on the wings or even thighs are better. Also tripe is great for weight gain also :)

i thought chicken bones were bad for dogs? but thats cats ? always get confused with that one so raw chicken legs and thighs????

once the chook is cooked the bones then splinter and are not good but raw is ok

Always feed them RAW meat - never cooked. Cooked bones can and will splinter. 

Also, as a point of reference, certain raw bones splinter too. Never buy lamb for your pooch - the raw bones splinter as if they were cooked! 

awwww thanks everyone for your help, im gonna go tescos tomoz and by her some frozen thighs and let them thaw out a little (if thats what you do?) then give it to her see how she gets on, ive got tripe defrosting now for her morning feed, sarah yea defo next time we meet up if you don't mind bringing some that would really help. :)