Sapphire Has Now Hit 9 Weeks, Solutions On Teething Anyone

abbyerin

Sapphire is now nine weeks old, and is teething. Every morning my partner will place her on our bed and she will run at me and start biting me, not hard all the time but sometimes she will draw blood, she bites the remote, phones, clothes actually anything she can get a hold of. She has plenty of toys with different textures and will play and bite them but she just likes everything shes not supposed to bite better. Any ideas of some good teething toys which will keep her interested for a lot longer.

post-10539-13714685522136_thumb.jpg

If she is losing the baby teeth, her gums are probably swollen a bit. You may want to take an old was cloth, get it wet, wring it out, and toss it in the freezer for an hour or so. The cold helps soothe the gums.

well chew toys are good, but more importantly you have to let her know that chewing on things that are not chew toys are just plain unacceptable. Next time she nibbles you on the bed, say "no" and remove her from the bed. When she bites furnitures, shoes, or anything else she shouldn't, remove her from the object and give her her chew toy. Because believe me no matter how many toys you got your husky she'd still prefer your pair of expensive high heels  :P in fact sometimes I think they do it just to tease you LOL

I also used the washcloth..it worked very well.  I would also freeze a Kong for mine as well.  Everytime she bites on something she should not I would yell OUCH and replace it with their toy. 

I used lots and lots of nylabones for Pongo when he was little. Only the edible kind though. I think the chewy texture is what he really liked. As for chewing things they aren't supposed to, just watch her like a hawk and when she starts chewing something she isn't supposed to, say "no!" and hand her one of her toys and then praise her for chewing that. As for biting the hands, sometimes yelping like a puppy helps as they recognize this as it hurts, or we would just hold Pongo's nose and say "no bite!" and walk away. The puppy teeth will disappear with time thank goodness as those things are like needles!!

Frozen cloths are sent from the gods,  at one stage I made sure there was always two ready frozen. !  I got that tip on here as well.  Replacing hands with toys sometimes works, the yelping thing was a total no go for my boy, he seemed to see it as part of the game, the nose/no bite thing worked a lot more for us, still is working in fact ( bear has a love of nipping the back of my arms ATM ) but it's getting there.  Take heart, it doesn't last forever and big boy teeth are no where near as sharp

Elka was a heavy chewer. I lost the heel of y favourite boots to an unnoticed chew session  :facepalm: and caught her chewing the knobs on the pine side board. A firm 'no' when caught in the act should work and remove her from the chewed object saying 'no' again. Be prepared for repetition! But she will learn. As for biting 'no bite' and distraction with toys has worked for Elka. Good luck with your cutie :)

We have been putting Khaleesi in time out if she hurts us or bites my slippers/feet/ankles/shins etc. She hates being separated from us and is much calmer afterwards. Just putting her in the kitchen behind a baby gate for about a minute. But I agree that watching her like a hawk is neccessary. Its weird as she play bites my boyfriend all the time but only really bites at me when I am walking around. He's not too happy though as she has quickly realised I am the alpha of the family!

ps. sapphire is beautiful :)