My Tyres Got Slashed! Grr

loops

tires to those over the pond lol.  Went out to go to work this morning to discover three flat tyres ffs. one had two punctures and was uninflatable so  a lad from work came and put the spacesaver on. The other two were sort of drivable after being re inflated. I got to work late and was a bit tearful because of the shock, although I knew it was "just kids" it felt too nasty. I can sort of understand walking past a car and scratching the paintwork with a set of keys or just booting a car door in cos you had a row with someone, but to actually stab three separate tyres on a total strangers car I just could not get my head around, The boss, being a lovely man (and who for reasons unknown loves me to bits) told me to go to ats and he would pay for them. I will pay him back as soon as I can afford it, I am not a particularly materialistic person but I am gutted because I want to spend any spare money on paying the debts I have accrued with the house buying - not fixing something that wasn't broken in the first place grrrrr

Poor Lou. . :(

Tyres are not cheap.

and just coz it was "kids" messing around doesn't excuse it.

It's criminal damage.

If you report it to the police you'll probably find those kids went on a spree

and there was many thousands of pounds worth of damage done during the night.

Kids having a bit of a laugh. . . NO! deliberate criminal actions.

Also you'll probably find that the kids dad/brother/uncle works at the local

cheap 2nd hand part worn tyre place.

If one tyre gets done, you go to Quik Fit

but 3 is expensive so you go to the cheap place.

10 or 20 cars all done during the night.

Big business at the cheap tyre place over the next few days.

Kids get £20 each. . . job done.

Must agree with Dunc on this one........

lol

Also you'll probably find that the kids dad/brother/uncle works at the local

cheap 2nd hand part worn tyre place.

If one tyre gets done, you go to Quik Fit

but 3 is expensive so you go to the cheap place.

10 or 20 cars all done during the night.

Big business at the cheap tyre place over the next few days.

Kids get £20 each. . . job done.

funnily enough I did say pretty much the same to the tyre fitter in ats. it did make him laugh. The good news was that the three tyres cost 158 quid and as long as there is 6mil tread left on the tyres if it happens again the tyres get replaced free of charge

******   ************ ********* ******** ********* enough said  :angry:

ha haaaaaaaaaaa never a truer word said  :-)

Still it's £160 you didn't need to be spending. . on tyres.

Still it's £160 you didn't need to be spending. . on tyres.

indeed but with the boss paying for them it gives me some breathing space to stump up some cash rather than adding even more to the dreadit card bill

Find out what tipple your boss imbibes and purchase a bottle of said libation for the nice man :up:

buy alcohol and then give it away? ooooh it hurts!

I didn't say it had to be a BIG bottle ya silly moo.

Grrrrrrrrr, this makes me so mad to read about this.

I have just spent $1640 (980 GBP) on a new set of tyres, the thought of having to pay money due to some scumbag's slashing would be too much. Mine were simply worn out. 

I have had a few screws in tyres before that seemed deliberate $40 for a repair is not too bad but it is frustrating and a PITA to get fixed. Usually slashes in side walls are non reparable??

Grrrrrrrrr, this makes me so mad to read about this.

I have just spent $1640 (980 GBP) on a new set of tyres, the thought of having to pay money due to some scumbag's slashing would be too much. Mine were simply worn out. 

I have had a few screws in tyres before that seemed deliberate $40 for a repair is not too bad but it is frustrating and a PITA to get fixed. Usually slashes in side walls are non reparable??

indeed they were non repararble. the annoying thing is that I have always gone for remoulds or part worn but when they were replaced two years ago mum paid for bridgestone tyres so she knew I was safe ;-(