Stepping Down, Not Out

Mazz

It has been a difficult decision for me to make. I have always felt this forum to be a special place, a place for people from around the World to share that unique common thread we all know and love - the Siberian Husky. I still do. But sometimes life enters the picture and we need to adapt.

My job is the part of my life that has caused some change. So Sarah and Marc have agreed to let me step down until my job responsibilities normalize. I would be less than honest if I said this decision was a no brainier, or that this decision did not cause me any second guessing. I care deeply about this forum and the positive impact it has had, and will continue to have, on both new Husky-Owners and seasoned Husky-Owners.

All of the staff at Husky-Owners are some of the nicest folks you could ever hope to be associated with, let alone work with. Each of them, met or not, I consider to be a friend. They are simply the best, and my thanks to each of them.

And to the members of this forum, you are what makes this place tick. Each of you has a responsibility to the care taking of your Husky, or maybe you have several Huskies. Some of you are new, but that is what all of us were at one time. Some of you are old hands at this, so reflect upon when you were new, as you respond to those questions that now may seem old hat for you. So as you read, post, and interact on the forum, do so with the intent of making yourself a better Husky-Owner.

Sarah, Marc, and Dunc, you have always guided this forum, never losing sight of it's purpose. I think that is what enables this forum to be that special place. I want to thank you for supporting me while a member, and then as a moderator, and then in making this difficult decision. I think my ego will survive, and at the end of the day I think this forum will as well.

Oh, you all will continue to see me pop up. The only difference is I won't be able to haul your post off to the holding pen, or edit out those expletive deletes that sometimes surface, and I won't be able to extinguish any spammers. But I will be the same person, the same Husky-Owner, that I have always been.

As you've said in the past Dave, you've been burning the candle at both ends.

Sometimes real life has to take precedence.

Pop in when you can.

Your calming words of wisdom are always needed.

The help, advice and guidance you given all of us will be missed.

It's people like you that are the backbone of this wonderful community. :up: