What To Do :(

Bambi92

As I write this I sit here crying because we have been told by our real estate that we have 2 choices 1:rehome Dozer or 2:we have to find somewhere else to live and all this by the 24th because we have another inspection and I have no where to hide him :(

I don't want to take him to the rspca or the pound because there pretty much full and he's not likely to come back out :(

What do I do? I don't want him to go but with a baby 6weeks away from being born we need a house and with everything else going on I can't deal with any more stress its already affecting me and I've been told I need to try and stay calm and not stress or I could end up in hospital :(

I wish we owned our own place but that's not something we can afford yet :(

Do I ask a rescue for help in rehoming him? I don't want him to go to anyone I need to know he's going to be looked after.

We've rang his 'owners' because he's still in there name and they said they will see if they can find someone but knowing what there like its not going to be before the 24th.

I don't know what to do :(

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could you contact a Husky rescue to see if he could be fostered until you can find a more permanent solution and still have the possibility of getting him back?

Sorry just noticed Dozer is not a Husky but maybe there are rescues that could offer fostering for him?

Could you contact a Husky rescue to see if he could be fostered until you can find a more permanent solution and still have the possibility of getting him back?

Dozer is the rotti and we have no where else but here to go as we rent its our first rental property and if we get kicked out we won't find another place to live :( and I don't want him going back and forth to places I need to know he's safe and loved I'd loved to have him back.

I don't know if it'd be a possibility as I don't know how long it will take to find somewhere that will allow both dogs and we can't afford to move as my OH lost his job yesterday :(

Oh Laura, I'm so sorry your going through all this. I think you need to focus on you and your baby right now.  I can understand you don't want dozer to go to a pound, so I think your best bet is the rescues, call as many as you can and tell them how bad the situation is,  it won't help dozer or the rest of the family if you lose your home. Perhaps they could arrange some sort of fostering,  

Take care of you ok, I wish I could be more help, know I'm thinking of you

Dozer is the rotti and we have no where else but here to go as we rent its our first rental property and if we get kicked out we won't find another place to live :( and I don't want him going back and forth to places I need to know he's safe and loved I'd loved to have him back.

I don't know if it'd be a possibility as I don't know how long it will take to find somewhere that will allow both dogs and we can't afford to move as my OH lost his job yesterday :(

Looks like rehome might be the best option then. Hope you partner is able to find a new job. Sounds like you have a lot to deal with atm with being pregnant as well. Sometimes you have to priorities especially with a new baby on the way xxx

Oh Laura, I'm so sorry your going through all this. I think you need to focus on you and your baby right now.  I can understand you don't want dozer to go to a pound, so I think your best bet is the rescues, call as many as you can and tell them how bad the situation is,  it won't help dozer or the rest of the family if you lose your home. Perhaps they could arrange some sort of fostering,  

Take care of you ok, I wish I could be more help, know I'm thinking of you

Thank you :)

I love him as if he was my own but I need to do what's best for myself and for him to I really don't want to see him go but at this point in time I have no option I just hope Sasha is going to be ok as well they are like best friends :(

So sorry you have to go through this :( its heartbreaking

There are quite a few rottie rescues in the UK though, ''the rottweiler rescue trust'' and ''the rottweiller welfare association'' seem to be the big ones, but I'm sure there are smaller ones aswell, I'd be more confident for a specific breed rescue to rehome my dog as adopters are checked thoroughly compared to places like dogs trust etc..

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

Oh, I am so sorry to hear about this.

Is the problem, you are only allowed one dog? I ask this as you don't seem to need have a problem with Sasha?

Is the order coming from the real estate agent or the owner? If it is the agent you might plead exceptional circumstances or at least ask to explain the situation to the owner. Rental properties are hard to find, but so are good tenants, and I have a feeling you are a good tenant.

Failing any reasonable response from the agent or owner, then it might be worth explaining this situation on an Aussie dog forum like Dogzonline and see if anyone there can help.

oh dear I'm so sorry to hear this :( is there any relatives or friends that you can live with for a little while? But if the best option is rehoming, I'd pick breed specific rescue over a pound any day. I'm sure there must be at least one in Aussie? or maybe someone you know well can foster Dozer?

Oh, I am so sorry to hear about this.

Is the problem, you are only allowed one dog? I ask this as you don't seem to need have a problem with Sasha?

Is the order coming from the real estate agent or the owner? If it is the agent you might plead exceptional circumstances or at least ask to explain the situation to the owner. Rental properties are hard to find, but so are good tenants, and I have a feeling you are a good tenant.

Failing any reasonable response from the agent or owner, then it might be worth explaining this situation on an Aussie dog forum like Dogzonline and see if anyone there can help.

We are only ment to have Sasha here she is the only one on the lease. He isn't ment to be here but I asked the owner last week if we could put him on the lease and he said no :( the cat and my OHs dog are easy to hide when we have an inspections Delta goes in the cupboard and Missy goes to his mums place but with Dozer no one can take him for the day because there yards aren't secure or they have a small dog that doesn't like big dogs :(

We have an inspections on the 25th to see if he is still here because they seen him a mth ago when they come out :(

oh dear I'm so sorry to hear this :( is there any relatives or friends that you can live with for a little while? But if the best option is rehoming, I'd pick breed specific rescue over a pound any day. I'm sure there must be at least one in Aussie? or maybe someone you know well can foster Dozer?

I've only got mum and dad but there both in different states :( and I don't have friends lol ill look up rotti rescues I know there's a rotti club but they only deal with purebreds and they have to have papers.

I really hate that I have no other choice here I'm going to miss his big goofy smile :(

Geez, THe owner is being quite unreasonable I think!

Only thing I can suggest again is Dogzonline, they have a huge membership and I would really be surprised if no one could help you out? I can post something if you like?

Geez, THe owner is being quite unreasonable I think!

Only thing I can suggest again is Dogzonline, they have a huge membership and I would really be surprised if no one could help you out? I can post something if you like?

I thought they were just purebreds? Ill have a look at them and see what happens there

Loops - they have a habit of turning up when there not ment to and if we get caught with him here because there've seen him and said he can't be here we will have a month to find a new house, it took us 3months to find this place if we get kicked out ill be living out of the car with my two girls and a baby because ill have no where to go my OH can go back to his mums but I can't. If there was a way around it and I wasn't having a baby I wouldn't have a problem hiding him but because of the baby we need a house :(

Hmmm, sounds like you need to rehome him then?

Dogzonline have a rescue section that seeks to re-home dogs. I would post in the general first, and then the rescue section. THere might be a day you have to wait for activation, I don't think it is instant.  Place that lovely smiling pic of Dozer as well.

Again, I am happy to start the ball rolling if you like as time is running out, I would just need some info from you.

Hmmm, sounds like you need to rehome him then?

Dogzonline have a rescue section that seeks to re-home dogs. I would post in the general first, and then the rescue section. THere might be a day you have to wait for activation, I don't think it is instant.  Place that lovely smiling pic of Dozer as well.

Again, I am happy to start the ball rolling if you like as time is running out, I would just need some info from you.

I don't want to rehome him abut I have to :( what info do you need? (And thank you for your help :) ) Ill register now and see how long it takes

How old is he?

Temperament with people and dogs?

Forever home or temporary?

Rough location in Sydney?

Can't think of anything else at the moment.

I don't know if there is a PM system here that I can give you my email address on so you can mail me the pic of Dozer, or if you post one I can probably drag it off and use that.

How old is he?

Temperament with people and dogs?

Forever home or temporary?

Rough location in Sydney?

Can't think of anything else at the moment.

I don't know if there is a PM system here that I can give you my email address on so you can mail me the pic of Dozer, or if you post one I can probably drag it off and use that.

He's about 4-5.

He's friendly loves people and dogs good with kids they said he was trained as a guard dog but I don't know if its true he is very protective of his yard and doesn't leave the gate unless he's told. Loves his toys and water lol umm anything else I can add? I can't think at the moment.

Forever home am I able to request to do a meet and greet with him? For my piece of mind I don't want him going to just anyone he's a great dog and I don't want him ending up in the pound because he went to the wrong place

Were in the penrith area, western Sydney

There is a pm thing on here ill send you a pm and see if it works lol