What To Do :(

Bambi92

I am pretty sure that agents are simply not allowed to spring surprise inspections.

Here is the rule from REINSW

"Real estate agents or property owners can formally inspect a residential property up to four times in a 12-month period. The lease-holder/s must be given a minimum of seven days notice in writing of the intention to inspect the premises. "

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This will be there fourth or fifth one in that time frame and they do drive bys which I didnt think they could do but apparently they can there've done serveral times.

11 pages of rescue groups some breed specific and some cat ones but the ones that could take him I rang or emailed and the ones I rang can't take him because there full or haven't got room for a big dog and haven't got emails back yet from others.

Rang the rescue that Jane said to try and they said try big dog rescue ring them they can't take him because they only have room for 10 dogs and there full. I hoping one that I've emailed can help I really don't want him to go to a pound or awl :(

It is sad :( thanks for letting me know that might come in handy lol

On an off topic: dogs and cats can tell when something isn't right can't they? Sasha has been really sooky and keeps laying next to me with her head on my lap she doesn't do that unless I'm upset i hope me being the way I am at the moment isnt affecting her to. My cat has been doing the same thing but she lays on my side or my chest rubbing against me and she isn't an affection cat unless she wants food lol

Can it affect them in anyway if its upsetting them to?

Just catching up with all this you are going through so much hun but your doing great, I really hope you can get a home for him x

Jase you are a star for all your doing too this is why I love this community

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Update: my OHs mum of all people felt sorry for Dozer and has talked his cousin into asking her real estate if she can keep him there still waiting to hear back from them but we all have our fingers crossed! Haven't heard back from any of the other rescue groups either so hopefully this works out.

Update: my OHs mum of all people felt sorry for Dozer and has talked his cousin into asking her real estate if she can keep him there still waiting to hear back from them but we all have our fingers crossed! Haven't heard back from any of the other rescue groups either so hopefully this works out.

WOW that's the best news.

Everything crossed half way around the world foryou that THIS works out. :up:

An update: OHs cousin hasn't heard from her real estate yet I'm hoping she hears from them before Sunday :( I don't think I'd push having him here longer then the weekend. But I don't know :(

The real estate never turned up to do the inspection thy cancelled it and never bothered ringing to say so I was so annoyed!

Well my OHs cousin can't take him her real estate won't allow her to have another dog :( now I have to choose between AWL or a pound:( no rescue groups I've contacted can take him in back to the stressful part of working out which way is better to go :( this is so sad and hard to deal with I really wish I didnt have to make this choice :(

Hmmm, that is not good news. All I can suggest is that you put ads in places like gumtree. Free to good home etc, and make sure you scrutinise the applicants.  If you are on facebook then I suggest you post the story and ask your friends to pass the message around in hope that someone will be able to take him. The story is a heartbreaking one and should gain momentum.

I would try the agent and owner one last time and plead the case and explain what is going to happen if they nay no. 

I've done the Facebook thing all over nsw and qld but nothing :( I'm sort of iffy about using gumtree and that as he's not desexed and I really do t want him going to someone that's going to breed him and then throw him on the street. I've had several people come upto me when walking him and say 'do you breed him' when I say no they say 'why not you know you'd get a lot of money out of him if you did' I could of slapped them all silly but instead I was rude and said 'because I'm clearly not like you' lol oops.

I tried the real estate again but they don't care :( I even said can he stay until I can find him a home and they said no :( our property manager seemed a bit frustrated at the fact that the owner said no to that :(

I'd even be willing to pay for half the cost of sending him interstate if I could find someone there.

I'm being told to take him to the pound where I got Sasha but knowing how they were with Sasha and me when I got her they didnt ask questions about where she'd be living what I was like or anything they just wanted her out of there and they didnt know much about her everything they said was bull except for she's fussy with food. But Renbury Farm which isn't far from me do all the vet checks, temperament tests and all that and hold them over there times if they have the space and they are a lovely bunch of people that are there so I'm thinking I should try them I might go visit them on sat and see what they say its easier to explain the situation in person then on the phone. Do you think I should try them? My dr has told me I need to stop all the stress or I may cause myself problems which I already have and I may have my baby early which wouldn't matter now anyway.

I'm use to be under a heap of stress but its never affected me the way it is now :(

But there is a bit of good news my OH found a job not earning as much as he was but he was offered another job who really want him so hopefully they will offer more money.

Your Dr is right, stress is not good for you and baby. 

I just don't know what to suggest, the Renbury farm sounds like the best of what options you have available. I am simply not in a position where I could give Dozer a forever home  :(

I think you have done a fantastic job trying to find Dozer his forever home, and from what you say Renbury Farm is a pound which has a great reputation in taking good care of the dogs which are pounded. I think taking Dozer to them is your only option right now and right now is when you need to be dealing with the situation, listen to your doctor hunny you need to take care of yourself and your soon to be born baby xx I know things aren't what you want them to be, but you need to rid yourself of the stress now so when baby comes you can enjoy him/her. Take care xx

I think you have done a fantastic job trying to find Dozer his forever home, and from what you say Renbury Farm is a pound which has a great reputation in taking good care of the dogs which are pounded. I think taking Dozer to them is your only option right now and right now is when you need to be dealing with the situation, listen to your doctor hunny you need to take care of yourself and your soon to be born baby xx I know things aren't what you want them to be, but you need to rid yourself of the stress now so when baby comes you can enjoy him/her. Take care xx

Thank you :)

I just feel like I haven't done enough because I can't find him a home :( I know I've done almost all I can but it doesn't feel like enough.

What's going to make it worse is Sasha and him are best friends and Sasha doesn't like being away from him she searched the back yard for hours when he wasn't here for a day :(

I hope he can take his two favourite toys with him atleast if I can take him to Renbury farm I don't want him to think I've just dumped him there like his previous owners did here :( sounds a bit silly but they have feelings too. I hope he finds his furever home and isn't there long though although he would make everyone fall in love with him as soon as they see him with his big goofy smile.