Microchip Details

Stormy

I have just updated both Skye and Shadows microchip details i have also paid a bit extra so that i can edit them whenever i want to without paying a fee everytime! Which means whenever they go to anyone elses or we go away with them or anything like that i can add a holiday address to! :) I have been meaning to do this for ages and finally done it and glad i have as now if for any reason they do go missing i know their details are up to date :)

So... are you all up to date?

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm, never thought of having their microchips checked!  Good idea, I'll ask my vet next time I go

Not only should they be done they should be checked annually both Wolf and Saskias were checked last month :)

Hmm, never thought of having their microchips checked!  Good idea, I'll ask my vet next time I go

My vets scan the boys each time they go for their booster as a routine but i'm sure they should let you just drop in for a scan it won't cost them anything i don't think

Def. get them checked. I recently adopted a girl who had been chipped and asked my vet to scan for it. Nothing came up, so I had her re-chipped.

I also have them checked at each vet visit, just to be sure. Better safe than sorry.

Nothing came up Becky?  That's weird.  I wonder if it was because she went straight from Denise to you.  

• 2 months later...

Ok i know this was a while ago but im curious and didnt want to make a new thread as there are tons. I want to get the three brats microchipped with next check. The animal shelter does it $10 a piece so $30 is not bad for the three.. but im curious what in the world do i do after they get chipped???is there a special website i go to and have to pay a fee and register them(which im fine with) just dont want to get it done and not get it done right lol

Nikko came chipped and registered but Yukon didn't. When I got him chipped at the vet they only implant the chip and you pick what company you want to register with. I think that avid does it pretty cheap but u have to research. Some are a one time fee and some are an annual fee. I paid 75 to register Yukon but I went through pet key and they have a network that will email local pet stores an shelters if he gets lost

Nikko came chipped and registered but Yukon didn't. When I got him chipped at the vet they only implant the chip and you pick what company you want to register with. I think that avid does it pretty cheap but u have to research. Some are a one time fee and some are an annual fee. I paid 75 to register Yukon but I went through pet key and they have a network that will email local pet stores an shelters if he gets lost

That's good. I may check into them if my vet does it the same way.