Shadow

Stormy

No idea whats up with Shadow, we went for a walk this morning he was fine, only thing i noticed odd was he ate another dogs poo but only a tiny bit... then at the end of the walk they both ate some fox poo (errrr). Then got home he was fine he was playing with me in the garden while i filled the paddling pool up .... then i went to get them in and he was layed in the sun and he then started whining and hes pretty much whined ever since .... laying down whining unless hes asleep... then wondering around whining..... going to keep an eye on him but no idea whats up with him!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope they are okay.

If you are sure it was fox poo, I would be trying to coax a vomit, maybe use some Hydrogen Peroxide with water. I Table spoon with 1 cup of water. Foxes carry masses of dangerous pathogens. Hunters in Oz will use gloves to handle a dead fox. They are feral animals here and dangerous to wildlife so they are hunted, trapped and baited with extreme prejudice. 

I don't mean to alarm you as he will, in all likely hood be fine, but (as I am 100% sure you would anyway) get him to a vet if things get any worse.

Yes it was fox poo I could tell that smell anywhere they did not get a lot as I figured it out pretty quick. It was both of them that got it but only shadow seems off Skye is fine. I've never heard of it being dangerous before so yes you have alarmed me now as it's been 6 hours since our walk

I am sorry Stormy I am sure it will be okay. Fox poo like cats poo can have bad stuff in it.  If they are still unwell tomorrow, see the vet. A round of antibiotics would probably be all that would be needed.

I probably shouldn't have said anything, but with Foxes it is best to err on the side of caution 

Uh oh, crossing paws for Shadow, hope the big boy is fine!

Oi you trying to call Shadow fat :P

Aww poor box its really warm today that may not help x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah its been really hot today i cut my walk a bit shorter because of it then he layed out in the sun for ages.... was when i went to get him in from that that he started whining and he has not stopped since...

He has eaten although he walked away from it once he then went back for it a couple mins later and has had some water to ... i havn't seen him go to the toilet as of yet so keeping an eye out for that and he hasn't been sick... still whining so i have spoke to Rob and if he is still not right in the morning i will be taking him to the vets.

May have to sleep downstairs tonight 

I have just realised aswell earlier his pupils were quite small but they are back to normal now.

Still whining quite a bit but has been chewing on his stag bar and seems to atleast be improving he is laying on the tiles at the moment.

he has a very itchy back but that's nothing new just throwing that in there lol