Happy Dance Time!

love4Luna

I have 2 things to share...

First, we are FINALLY digging our fence today! Woohoo! The stuff has been sitting in our carport for a few months, waiting to be put up. Haven't had much of a chance to, due to it constantly raining on our days off... I'm excited! No more tie outs for Luna!

And second, I found a fur baby that we all fell in love with at a rescue center. She is a husky/German Shepard mix. Her back story is the family that had her got mad because this dog (Gloria) got into a fight with their other dog. They were in heat at the same time. Well, they took her to the vet to get spayed and never came to pick her up. She spent 3 months in a vet crate until the vet office was able to take the people to court to release them of ownership. From there, Gloria went to the rescue. She has been there for 3 months now too. Many people aren't interested for many reasons. She is 3 years old, so not a puppy,a shedder, they don't want an "aggressive"dog (because they've heard sibes and shepards are very dangerous, so a mix is worse)etc. She is a beautiful girl, very sweet, and oh my gosh, she is so calm!! We have visited on many occasions now, and walk her and play with her. She is just a sweetheart!

We put in an application for her, which usually takes 2 weeks to hear if it was approved... I got a call back in 2 days! They told us we are a perfect match, and our other dogs get along great with her. I'm so excited! I don't have any personal pics of her, but a few from the rescue, I'll post those...

Meet miss Gloria!

post-9409-0-71567200-1371645866.jpegpost-9409-0-26925600-1371645886.jpegpost-9409-0-42933700-1371645907.jpeg

Thanks to you all for such kind words!! :) We went to visit her today to size her for a crate, we pick her up Saturday. I can't wait to bring her home.

The rescue asked what we were going to name her, I hadn't thought about that! I just assumed that Gloria was her given name from her previous owners. I guess not, she came to the vet as "no name" so the rescue that she's been with the last couple months just nicknamed her Gloria. (Makes sense, she doesn't really answer to it well)

So decisions, decisions!!!

Thanks to you all for such kind words!! :) We went to visit her today to size her for a crate, we pick her up Saturday. I can't wait to bring her home.

The rescue asked what we were going to name her, I hadn't thought about that! I just assumed that Gloria was her given name from her previous owners. I guess not, she came to the vet as "no name" so the rescue that she's been with the last couple months just nicknamed her Gloria. (Makes sense, she doesn't really answer to it well)

So decisions, decisions!!!

aaawwww does that mean we're going to have a name poll while I'm gone? can I throw in my suggestion right now? :P 

Let's see... Gloria is already a nice name IMO but to match "Luna" (moon), what about Kiana (moon goddess) or Amaris (child of the moon)? 

aaawwww does that mean we're going to have a name poll while I'm gone? can I throw in my suggestion right now? :P 

Let's see... Gloria is already a nice name IMO but to match "Luna" (moon), what about Kiana (moon goddess) or Amaris (child of the moon)?

Oooh, those are both great!! In a way, I'm gonna have to let my kids decide on a name. (They've been griping a lot lately about how mommy ALWAYS picks the names.) What my OH & I were thinking, was to get 10 or so names we really like (this may be where you all can help ;) lol) Then, my daughter picks 2-3 names from that, same with my son... THEN, daddy draws a name out for that!