My Forum

Stormy

Yayyy my forum is finally picking up a bit now :D Taken almost a year but its finally getting there and getting posts daily now :) It is nowhere near this forum and wont ever be as busy as unfortunately Honda Del Sol's are becoming a bit more rare but we do have some members that have stuck about even if they dont have that car anymore which is great! :)

Anyway just thought i would share my good news ! lol

One thing i do hate though is spammers and for some reason i am getting ALOT ever since i managed to fix the email authorisation out grrrrrrr

Really? Ouch. :/

If their brute force captcha reading technique has a success rate of 1% (reality is probably higher nowadays) they just fire more signup attempts. Previous spamwave had about one spam signup every 30 seconds here on the forum. Which comes down to 120 attempts every hour. With only 1% of them being successful you'll still end up with 29 spam accounts at the end of the day spamming away.

Captcha is not the problem or I would have more spammers than now. There is only me and one other admin on my forum unfortunately I had to downgrade my moderators for not bothering to even come on the site and I couldn't trust them unfortunately but my admin is brilliant :)

Captcha is not the problem or I would have more spammers than now. There is only me and one other admin on my forum unfortunately I had to downgrade my moderators for not bothering to even come on the site and I couldn't trust them unfortunately but my admin is brilliant :)

If you need someone to just delete the spam topics, let me know, I spend my whole day on the PC and I think I can have the time to do that.