Free To Good Home Forum

sarahjng

@mydiamond said in one of the other topics that it appears only for users who have 250+ posts. I guess it's a way of verification that you're a well behaved owner/person and you can take care of such things. You wouldn't want every other guy on that section :)

I was pretty surprised as well, actually.

Am I nuts or did this just appear ?   I never saw it in the list and now suddenly, boom, there it is !  

You have to make a minimum of 250 post to be able to see the Rehome section.

That way people can't simply join the forum and have instant access to "Free Huskies"

With 250 posts we get the chance to get to know the person, gauge whether they 

are up to the task of rehoming.

LOL no it's fine. Although I can understand where you are coming from :)

We don't hide the fact that we have a Rehome section.

We just don't shout about it either.

As you say you can get to 250 in a week of posting to get access.

Doesn't mean you're gonna get a free husky.

It just means you can see the section.

After that it's up to the people needing the rehome to decide if you're 

the right person.

I have the feeling that it might be a good idea to hide this thread from the public forums. It's not that hard to get up to 250 posts count by just posting around and someone might take an advantage of that. What do you think, Andy?

By the time someone gets to the 250 posts, we'll have a good enough idea who this person is. And that's all we want to know. In the end the final decision is always made by the person who rehomes their dog.

Before who hid it, we had people coming directly from Google, creating an account here and make just one single post that they were interested in the dog. No background information, sometimes not even a location or name. It became very annoying so that's why we put this minimum post count on it. The rehome section may not reach a bread audience, but at least you know the people that are actually responding to it.

Had it for years babe, my Tumor and I are old friends, lol.  Thinking about it, 13 -14 years now,  we went through some bad times,  but now it ignores me and I ignore it,  bit like certain members of the family, you know they're related to you but you wouldn't want to spend Christmas with them lol