Steph, Timber & Sasha

Stephmartin71

Hi all, My name is Stephanie and we have 2 furkids, Timber & Sasha. I found this site linked, from a page that I liked on facebook called "I Love My Husky and Malamute Fan Club".  I'm going to be asking a question later, after our visit to with the vet.  Timber needs to get his stitches taken out.  I want to understand my veterinarians instructions before posting my question.  Timber is a little older then 11-April 1st was his birthday, he's our red/white kid.  Sasha 's the baby, she'll be 3 in December.      

post-10606-0-74855900-1371903238.jpg

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you guys direct me to the correct forum spot, to post my question in refernce to "Calcium oxalate monohydrate stones" bladder stones

If you go to the main page and scroll down you should see a heath and wellbeing section x x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Wow, thank you all very much. I can't believe how friendly everyone is. I'm mostly poking around, learning how to use this site. Facebook is extremely easy compared to forums, so I'm a little lost but I'm also a fast learner when I've got the time to play around :)   I work full time & spend most of my free time, not on the computer.  I come home and want to relax, walk the kids when the weather cooperates (and--> before Timbers cone) & spend time with the hubby.  Recently my 11 year old, Timber (our red/white) had surgery.  About 14 days ago, we luckily we found in an x-ray these 6 larger then pea sized stones and had them removed before they were able to do him damage, or worse, kill him so this is a good thing.  What he had though is not at all a common thing for huskies to get and yet here I am.  "Calcium oxalate monohydrate stones"  aka--> Bladder Stones.  He is doing much better now. The cone came off his head yesterday..., yaaay! :)   Now I have to decide to put him on this special food at $80/27lbs or feed him one of the homemade remedy food recipes. The home remedy recipe will cost me roughly $120 bucks.  Both foods lasting approximately 15 days, just to keep these stupid stones from re-forming again. I've been told that these stones appear specifically in males, mostly certain small breed dogs having right (and/or) wrong conditions regarding health, age aaaaaaannnnd, **BENEFUL**  dog food.  From how I'm understanding all this, these stones are formed because of PH levels in urine, a possible undeteted bladder infection, an excess of calcium & diet(food).  Also per my vet- Beneful is 1 of the top 10 foods said to be used by clients, when sending stones in for alysis.  I wished I'd known that 5 years ago when I had to change his food from Iams.  Oh well..., It looks like my question for alternative recipes doesn't matter because you have to get it "ALL" correct for it to work and looks like the vets special food is less then my buying everything I'd need just to process it for him but I'd still like to know who feeds what to their fur-babies though.  Knowing now that beneful is not a good food for my male, also means that it is not good for my female!  I've researched & compiled a list of new brands but 5 of those already has recently been recalled, 4 of those being made from the same company but with different brand names.  Paying more for better dog food and still have it possibly kill my Sasha..., is not an option! :)      

Jay,

Wow... I see your a Crown Point' ian   :)   What a small world!  I work in Crown Point.  I wasn't sure what area to type in the field, when setting up this account. I wasn't even sure if this forum was

really used so I kept it as short and sweet as possible. Thanks for your food choice. This will help me narrow down the 6 brands and this is one of them on the list, that's good and hasn't been recalled. 

You have 3 beauties, how do you guys do this with your pictures?  I can get in attachments but not these counters, this is really neat, what you guys do. 

Thanks again Jay and yes it is nice to see locals for sure 

Yes I am :)  Although I wasn't brought up here, I grew up in South Bend and have been in this area for about 15 years.  You will find that this is a very active forum, and although there are not as many members in the US than in the UK we are working on that ;-) 

If you go with Taste of the Wild there are a few places around here you can buy it at, with Alsip Nursery in St. John is the cheapest at around $42 per 30lb bag.

For the pictures, you can go to you settings, and signature and upload a picture there.  The tickers at the bottom are from pitapata.com.  And thank you!  You have some beauties as well :)

You can post to "  Member Media - Photo Discussion"

:)

Hi Valkyries :)  tonight I'll try to make time & post some pictures. Do I just post those here or is there a place we do that at.I'm really new here and not sure what, should go where :)