Possibly Moving Back To France

Frenchie

As some of you may know, I was born and raised in France, we moved to England 6 years ago.

Its just me and my mum left in England now after my brother joined the French navy last year (we have a military oriented family). My mum isn't happy here anymore and I know she's been thinking of going back to France for a while as she became a grand mother last year and she just wants to be back with my sister, now my sister has just found out she is pregnant again (Yippee! :D) and that has definately made her mind up about moving back. Now.. There's me, I've been living on my own for a month now, but my family simply do not want me to live in this country on my own, to be honest I don't want to leave England, moving from one country to another was hard enough the first time, I don't want to have to start my life all over again, I quite like it here..

So yeah, I don't think I will have much of a say in the matter, I apparently will be going to live with my dad in the south of France and my mum near my sister in Paris.

There is a good side to it though, my dad lives in a castle which he is doing up, there is a lot of work to be done so I think I'll be getting back into shape, plus Mishka will have hectares of land to roam, a lake to play in and many furry friends including.. A pony! :D

Posted Image

This is the place..

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

How awesome is that! Have any spare rooms to rent? ;-)

There's 17 rooms, even the dogs can have their own rooms lmao!

There's also some stables, an observatory tower, a little river, a lake and a ''small'' house, and its only about 2.5 hour drive from the French Pyrenees, I can imagine some pretty awesome walks in the snow. :)

Please don't take this the wrong way and I know your an adult and your living on your own anyway, but I'm with your mum on this, 19 is young to be in your own place, 19 in your own place in a whole different country to the rest of the family ? Nope, no way, couldn't do it! Lol. 

The house looks amazing, I can't imagine the fun your going to have, don't forget pics of the first time mishka meets the pony ! 

Looks awesome! I bet it wouldn't be that hard for you to re-settle and Mishka will be the happiest dog on Earth, it seems :P Congrats to your sister for having another nonfur-baby!!

How awesome is that!  Have any spare rooms to rent? ;-)

Yep, I was wondering the same!  :P  :lol:

Wow that looks amazing - i agree with Gary - we should have the next Husky camp there! LOL

I'm a bit on the fence about moving, you're 19 and technically an adult, you've established a life here - do you think you could live here without your family?  on the other hand i can see where your mum's coming from too

Please don't take this the wrong way and I know your an adult and your living on your own anyway, but I'm with your mum on this, 19 is young to be in your own place, 19 in your own place in a whole different country to the rest of the family ? Nope, no way, couldn't do it! Lol.

The house looks amazing, I can't imagine the fun your going to have, don't forget pics of the first time mishka meets the pony !

Yeah I do see what you mean, but I don't know how I feel about leaving everything behind, and living with m y dad again, don't get me wrong I love him with all my heart, but they split up when I was 6 and since then I've only seen him once or twice a year for a couple of weeks, I don't know how it would turn out, and if I do move there, there won't be the option of coming back to England, which upsets me. :/

But yeah the place and the pony is a big bonus, I used to bring Mishka to the stables with me but she was pretty scared of my horse as he was a 17.2h giant in her eyes, but she was fine with the smaller horses and ponies so should be fun :)

If I'd live there as a child I think I would of spent my whole childhood dressed up as a princess playing in the towers lmao.

Posted Image

This is the pony, and Dante the staffy :)

Can we all come with you ????????? :)

Lmao! As long as you lot earn your keep, there's plenty of work to be done ;)

Looks like we've just found the location for the next husky camp :D

Gary.

Lol! Yes bring husky camp to me! :D

Looks awesome! I bet it wouldn't be that hard for you to re-settle and Mishka will be the happiest dog on Earth, it seems :P Congrats to your sister for having another nonfur-baby!!

I don't know, I know Mishka would settle pretty fast and indeed be very very happy, but I'm not sure about me, took me about a year to start to like England when we moved here, I'm just no good at changing environments lol!

Wow that looks amazing - i agree with Gary - we should have the next Husky camp there! LOL

I'm a bit on the fence about moving, you're 19 and technically an adult, you've established a life here - do you think you could live here without your family? on the other hand i can see where your mum's coming from too

Yes yes yes, bring husky camp down here ;) lol!

Yes, that is the main issue, technically they can't force me to go back, I've proved I can live on my own but in their eyes I can't do it, so we'll have to see how it plays out,

I'm going back to London next month for a month, and by the end of that we'll probably have a decision.

Sounds like you have a tough decision to make :( Personally I love London and when we moved to the North West I found it very hard to adjust and that is living in the same country as the rest of my family. Although Castle trumps London in my books :D What a beautiful property to live in and how happy would Mishka be with all of that land and the snow in the mountains? Only you can decide what is best for you but just remember there are planes and phones so you will never be too far away from your family :D

Remember that you are an adult now and it is up to you. You do what makes you happy :)

Yepp, unfortunately my family is quite pushy and I'm not sure they'll listen to me but we'll have to see how next month goes

I'm on my way :D seriously you do have to make your own mind up and fo what is right for you. Good luck with what you decide.

Lol! Thank you, it'll all depend on how the next month plays out, I'm still confused myself lol

packing my bags and dogs as we speak lol

Lmao!

Sounds like you have a tough decision to make :( Personally I love London and when we moved to the North West I found it very hard to adjust and that is living in the same country as the rest of my family. Although Castle trumps London in my books :D What a beautiful property to live in and how happy would Mishka be with all of that land and the snow in the mountains? Only you can decide what is best for you but just remember there are planes and phones so you will never be too far away from your family :D

Yepp you've pretty much understood how I'm feeling about the situation, there's good points and bad points about both, on one side I know what's best for Mishka as if I was to stay here, it'd be more difficult on my own with her, she'd have to stay on her own when I work and I wouldn't be able to leave her to go visit family, but on the other side I like it here, moving from one place to another is so difficult you have to start all over again etc, ahh :(

Think long and hard about what you want, at the end of the day France is not that far. You could follow them leter on if you need to or visit as often as you can, but do what you need to do with your life.

In todays world there are so many ways to keep in touch even speak face to face on skyp an stuff