Bad Neighbor!!

Mobezilla

Today I was walking the dogs. I went to throw away their poo in the dumpster when a guy comes out of the building to throw away his garbage. He angrily throws it and I just glance at him like 'wonder what his problem is ' when he comes up to me and yells YOU NEED TO KEEP YOUR F*** DOG QUIET. The dogs weren't barking, but my mom had an argument with a neighbor who yelled at her about Cloud barking a few days ago so I figured this must be the same guy. When I told him to please not tell me what to do, he yelled at me YOU DON'T F**** MESS WITH ME. So I yelled back at him and told him to go back in his effing apartment and leave us alone, and since then he's been throwing things in his apartment and yelling at the top of the lungs so everyone in the hallway can hear that I'm a f*** bitch, I just needed to get in my car and drive away with my little white dog, that he's going to smash the windows and to bring it on, that he's going to f*** beat me and my mom up and he's going to f*** kill us, I better bring my brother over, who probably doesn't exist, but if he does exist he knows my brother and he's going to send my brother to jail and kill my brother. All while hiding behind a farce of bravado behind his apartment door. I seriously don't think he will try anything but quite honestly its scary hearing this mentally unstable guy rant about killing us. We've called the police but its been 20 minutes and they still haven't arrived. 

Hm honestly when it comes to threats, it's time to do something. A normal person would come up to you and talk to you in a calm voice, discuss what they find a problem and allow you to defend yourself or make it right, apologize and assure there will be no future problems, etc.. What he did was just have a tantrum first and because you didn't back down to it [as I'm sure he's use to getting many to do], is now focused on you and obviously it's become a obsession. 

I once asked a neighbor, after two years of taring up my grass, to stop parking on my lawn. I was extremely polite and said my pleases and thank yous, I couldn't of kissed his back end any harder. But it didn't matter, they didn't park on my lawn anymore but they also made it clear how mature they were...they started tossing trash in my yard, making extremely loud noises all times of night, threw things against my house and so forth. I just picked up the trash and pretended it didn't bother me. If I could do it again, I don't think I should of just sat back and took it. I don't think you should either, especially when he is threatening with physical harm. Never underestimate a person, especially one being so aggressive. He could find ways to take it out on your dog, even set poison out, etc.. People with this childish mindset don't use maturity or common sense. They do drastic and unreasonable things. 

Start recording his threats and call the police. Make your landlord aware, etc.. No one should have to put up with that, plain and simple. 

Hm honestly when it comes to threats, it's time to do something. A normal person would come up to you and talk to you in a calm voice, discuss what they find a problem and allow you to defend yourself or make it right, apologize and assure there will be no future problems, etc.. What he did was just have a tantrum first and because you didn't back down to it [as I'm sure he's use to getting many to do], is now focused on you and obviously it's become a obsession. 

I once asked a neighbor, after two years of taring up my grass, to stop parking on my lawn. I was extremely polite and said my pleases and thank yous, I couldn't of kissed his back end any harder. But it didn't matter, they didn't park on my lawn anymore but they also made it clear how mature they were...they started tossing trash in my yard, making extremely loud noises all times of night, threw things against my house and so forth. I just picked up the trash and pretended it didn't bother me. If I could do it again, I don't think I should of just sat back and took it. I don't think you should either, especially when he is threatening with physical harm. Never underestimate a person, especially one being so aggressive. He could find ways to take it out on your dog, even set poison out, etc.. People with this childish mindset don't use maturity or common sense. They do drastic and unreasonable things. 

Start recording his threats and call the police. Make your landlord aware, etc.. No one should have to put up with that, plain and simple. 

Yeah I would definitely call the landlord. Make sure to report every incident.

And I'd stay away from him, sounds like he's not playing with a full deck

We've already reported him once to the landlord about him yelling drunky in the hallway at my mom over Cloud barking. When he yelled at me today, Cloud didn't bark AT ALL. He just suddenly started yelling. Lately someones been leaving chicken bones out, I believe its probably him. The dogs are very good about not grabbing what they shouldn't, and I always check the pathways to make sure nothings there that they can get into.

He had a warrant out for his arrest so he went to jail tonight and we are reporting the incident to the landlord when he gets back in on Monday. Just extremely frustrating as I've never had problems with my neighbors and all of a sudden this guy comes out of nowhere and starts yelling at me? no, I definitely don't put up with it. He deserved his night in a cell.

Yeah I would definitely call the landlord. Make sure to report every incident.

And I'd stay away from him, sounds like he's not playing with a full deck

We've already reported him once to the landlord about him yelling drunky in the hallway at my mom over Cloud barking. When he yelled at me today, Cloud didn't bark AT ALL. He just suddenly started yelling. Lately someones been leaving chicken bones out, I believe its probably him. The dogs are very good about not grabbing what they shouldn't, and I always check the pathways to make sure nothings there that they can get into.

He had a warrant out for his arrest so he went to jail tonight and we are reporting the incident to the landlord when he gets back in on Monday. Just extremely frustrating as I've never had problems with my neighbors and all of a sudden this guy comes out of nowhere and starts yelling at me? no, I definitely don't put up with it. He deserved his night in a cell.

He sounds like a real looser. He belongs in jail. Hopefully he won't be around for long

He sounds like a real looser. He belongs in jail. Hopefully he won't be around for long

Very sad. I've never talked to the guy before and he just right off the bat starts yelling at the top of his lungs at me. I think he was more mad that I yelled back, I've got a horrid temper and I am SICK of being treated like a little kid and being pushed around. They're my dogs, I WILL protect them, and no a** hole has the right to start berating me or my mom because of the fact that he barks TWO TIMES a day.

Glad he spent some time in jail. You shouldn't underestimate people like that...especially when they start throwing death threats.

How awful for you!!!

Not a good situation hope it gets settled out soon :(

Sounds like the dude needs his jaw broken. That'd shut his loud ass mouth up.

Anything else come of this?

Thank you everyone for your thoughts. As far as I know he is still in jail, we spoke to the landlord and the guy is being evicted. The reasoning for being evicted it because he was in possession of drugs. They have 30 days to move out but it can take up to 60 if they fight it, so his brother will have to handle all the moving out if he's still in jail. Not sure how you can fight it when its on record with the police, so next month we shouldn't be seeing them.

Thank you everyone for your thoughts. As far as I know he is still in jail, we spoke to the landlord and the guy is being evicted. The reasoning for being evicted it because he was in possession of drugs. They have 30 days to move out but it can take up to 60 if they fight it, so his brother will have to handle all the moving out if he's still in jail. Not sure how you can fight it when its on record with the police, so next month we shouldn't be seeing them.

Result :up:

Result :up:

I'm glad he's being evicted - great news!  You should feel safe in your own home.

Thank you both :) and yes I should feel safe in my own home, to be honest I wasn't worried about my safety as much as I was the dogs. Wasn't sure if he would try to put poison out or something for the dogs, you never know what people are thinking.

Good on you for speaking out about it! People seem to have such a problem with dogs and I've never understood why. Luckily we've not had any problems with the neighbours about the pups, everyone loves them! Except one bloke, but he just ignores them and still talks to us, so no complaints.

Glad to hear that waste of oxygen is getting his comeuppance!

- Caity