Husky Shedding

Dakota1982

Hi 

My girl Dakota is shedding which i no is normal, but there are 2 areas on her back legs that are nearly bald there is only one layer of skin on the 2 areas i have never seen her skin as she is very fluffy and you can actually see her skin is this normal i am kind of worried.  :(

Any help or advice would be appreciated thank you.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that way we'll have an idea if it's more than "just a blow" :up:

Both of mine loose lots of weight while they shed, and then start looking skinny and unhealthy, its because we are used to their thick coats that when they have shed it looks like something is wrong...

When the rest of her coat has finished blowing, you wont notice it, she'll look fine :)

I use the furminator for mine.  

Seriously though...how long does this last? LOL   I think Kodiak is about done blowing his coat and looks a little bald on the hind quarters.  Yukon just started last week and spent 30-45 min brushing it out.  He looks a lot better!

both of mine blow their coats, almost every season it seems, they go through bursts. I brush them both bi-weekly because my house would be a wookie, if I didn't :}  No rhyme or reason the timing ( and i luv it when you can grab a tuff of it) but they've never blown either of their coats to where an area looks like they are loosing too much of their hair. Is that because they follow us like our permanant shadows, in the house, more than outside, especially with this little heat wave going on & with all this rain. I can't bribe them to go outside unless I go to.