Husky Shedding

Dakota1982

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks a bit like Dana. It always starts on her hips and then moves higher up. She always ends with this red Firefox stripe on her back, lol.

post-2355-0-41941200-1372242677_thumb.jp

She always changes her shade of colour too. Must be a red husky thing. Right before the blow she's orangy red, almost like a fox. And right after it it's more greyish/light red.

BlueWolf..., I'm not sure it might just be a genetic thing more than a color thing...my Timer is a red and he never blows his coat like this. He blows mostly in clumps, all different sizes of clumps but mostly only in his fluffy areas like around his back legs, his whole neck, where his tail & back meet and around his lower rib cage. kind of goofy :)

BlueWolf..., I'm not sure it might just be a genetic thing more than a color thing...my Timer is a red and he never blows his coat like this. He blows mostly in clumps, all different sizes of clumps but mostly only in his fluffy areas like around his back legs, his whole neck, where his tail & back meet and around his lower rib cage. kind of goofy :)

Sounds like Glala a bit. Even though she definitely blows her coat twice a year her coat always stays quite thick. Her back legs and neck are always gold mines for tuft plucking though, lol. Too bad she absolutely hates it.

post-2355-0-48249200-1372248310_thumb.jp

Glala's the one on the left.

post-2355-0-18925600-1372248307_thumb.jp

I think Kodiak might be almost done with his coat blowing, the fur on his hind legs looks and feels alot thinner.  Yukon is in the middle of it still as I can pull lots of tufts out of him (he hates it too LOL) and Nikko isn't too bad right yet.

BlueWolf, how do you comment in the same post with me?  I see a like, multiquote or quote but not a reply?? 

I'm still trying to figure this forum out.

Yes our reds do sound very similar. Timber doesn't like me plucking him either but he actually lets me file his nails...go figure :)  he gets more pampering then me!  lol

I'm too afraid I'll make him bleed, he already hates getting plucked.... hehehehe :rofl:

Beautiful pups.....

BlueWolf, how do you comment in the same post with me? I see a like, multiquote or quote but not a reply??

I'm still trying to figure this forum out.

Yes our reds do sound very similar. Timber doesn't like me plucking him either but he actually lets me file his nails...go figure :) he gets more pampering then me! lol

I'm too afraid I'll make him bleed, he already hates getting plucked.... hehehehe :rofl:

Beautiful pups.....

All you have to do is go to the post you want to quote and click quote :)

All you have to do is go to the post you want to quote and click quote :)

ahhhhh :) thank you Jason :)  Good afternoon...  I'm trying<-- was trying, I gave up. (Lunch is short today, lots of cases) I wanted to post a video of the kids playing..., well Sasha wanting to play & Timber kindly dealing with it... but it's not like facebook where you can share.

No, you would need to post it to youtube I believe, and then go to the video discussion and post it.  I have only posted 2 videos recently, I mostly stick to photos lol

ahhhhh :) thank you Jason :)  Good afternoon...  I'm trying<-- was trying, I gave up. (Lunch is short today, lots of cases) I wanted to post a video of the kids playing..., well Sasha wanting to play & Timber kindly dealing with it... but it's not like facebook where you can share.

• 2 weeks later...

I need advice on moulting ice was 5 months old when we got him from a rescue he is the first husky I have owned ( I have had dogs all my life ) he seems to be shedding fur all the time I cant get on top of it. I have a furminator and a mikki  I brush him every day and no sooner than I put the brush down and walk against him I'm covered and so is everything else.He is healthy and happy and beautiful but I just wondered if there will ever be any respite from this

I need advice on moulting ice was 5 months old when we got him from a rescue he is the first husky I have owned ( I have had dogs all my life ) he seems to be shedding fur all the time I cant get on top of it. I have a furminator and a mikki I brush him every day and no sooner than I put the brush down and walk against him I'm covered and so is everything else.He is healthy and happy and beautiful but I just wondered if there will ever be any respite from this

not usually lol , mine constantly loose fur even when they've fully blown they will still loose some fur

I need advice on moulting ice was 5 months old when we got him from a rescue he is the first husky I have owned ( I have had dogs all my life ) he seems to be shedding fur all the time I cant get on top of it. I have a furminator and a mikki  I brush him every day and no sooner than I put the brush down and walk against him I'm covered and so is everything else.He is healthy and happy and beautiful but I just wondered if there will ever be any respite from this

Husky hair is ever present.

It's a fact of life for Husky Owners.

We say that if you can go a day without

Hair on your clothes, or a hair in your food

then you're not a Husky owner.

And that's just normal day to day, 24/7 365

Then Twice per year they "Blow"

Meaning that the majority of their undercoat sheds off completely.

and that's a fur explosion.

There is no getting away from it.

It's Husky life.