Boy Dog Vs Girl Dog

Chula

This is a bit silly, but just curious if you think that male or female dogs have a "look" to them? People always assume my dog is a male when we are walking her.

To me, I think she looks like a girl, but maybe that's because I know she's a girl.

i have 3 girls, one of them looks like a girl she is thin and has a feminine face (i think so any way) the other 2 people assume are male because one is a malamute and much larger and the other is a malamute x husky and thicker set.

i don't think there is a look to them. 

I don't think so...Everyone always thinks Nikko and Yukon are girls.  Most people don't know the breed standard size differences in males vs. females.   I haven't had Kodiak for that long to notice if people think hes a boy or girl. 

Daughtry is smaller than Darwin so people instictively get it right when they see them together.

But Everyone thinks Echo (White GSD is a boy) no SHE's not !!

With my GSD 9 out of 10 times she gets called a boy, purely down to her size I think. But people are generally 50-50 with Keiko. Although she has been called a fox before now by a child :o

• 2 weeks later...

People think Sasha is a boy even though her harness, collar and leash use to be PINK lol

It's more kids that get it right then adults which I find interesting

I agree with the kids thing, it's always kids that know their breed and sex right away, adults always seem to think think they're Akitas :wacko:

Everybody thinks we've got either all females, or 2 males and a girl (Asha being the girl)

Nika grew like a male all the way through young puppyhood, and she's a very stocky dog, so she gets called male.

The pups are too young for people to make an informed decision based on size and build, but they usually get it right, Damian sometimes being the exception. (He's got a very pretty face!)

No one ever questions Asha's sex, she's so tiny people always know she's female :)

Also, everyone always thinks it's mummy and pups when we take them all out, we have to tell them that Nika's not even 1 yet!

-Caity

This is a bit silly, but just curious if you think that male or female dogs have a "look" to them? People always assume my dog is a male when we are walking her.

To me, I think she looks like a girl, but maybe that's because I know she's a girl.

People tend to assume that dogs with darker colors and masculine features (like for example a "square" head, a "mean face" or muscles) are male. Honestly every Doberman looks male to me  :lol: but huskies are difficult since they vary so greatly in terms of appearance... No one ever guessed my boy's gender right despite of his darker coloring  :huh: maybe it's because he's so fluffy and small? Size matters too. Everyone knows bitches are smaller than dogs so when they come across a dog that looks tiny, people think they're female. Best way to avoid these assumptions is to put on a pink collar on a girl and a blue collar on a boy :P but Diamond's so fluffy people can't tell what color his collar is... so now he's walking around with this super cool green/white leash. I used to walk him with a red/blue one  :shrug: