Should I Be Worried?

CPWK13

Hey, all. I'm wondering if any of you have experienced this before with your husky, or any pup for that matter.

It's happened twice so far. Kato will be lying down, chewing on a bone, or his leg (he must taste delicious with all the self chewing he does), and suddenly he will start yelping real loud and run and jump into my lap, almost as though I'm his safe place when he's scared or hurt. Could it be he accidentally bit himself too hard? Or chewed his bone the wrong way? It just happened about ten minutes ago, and after he would let me move him from my lap, I checked him for ticks or fleas that could be biting him, but found nothing. He was munching on his back paw when it happened, so I'm thinking it was that?

Any thoughts? Anyone experience this before? Should I be worried? :unsure:

It's only happened twice, but I'm pretty sure he was chewing the first time, too. I know he's been losing a couple teeth, also. I saw a couple growing back in when I was on the floor playing with him.

I think it might be teething too, but I would check his teeth to make sure the new ones are coming in OK.  If it is just sore gums you can take an old wash cloth and get it really wet and freeze it so it soothes his gums. 

So I wet a wash cloth in cold water, let it freeze, and gave it to Kato. He absolutely LOVES it! He just chews and chews and rests it in his mouth until it unrolls. It's got some bloody spots on it, but I assume that's from the teething and sore gums. Great idea!

So I wet a wash cloth in cold water, let it freeze, and gave it to Kato. He absolutely LOVES it! He just chews and chews and rests it in his mouth until it unrolls. It's got some bloody spots on it, but I assume that's from the teething and sore gums. Great idea!

Yeah it will be :)