Possible Addition To The Family

calvinandmommy

Ever since Drake left to go back to his owner earlier this month Calvin has been pretty depressed. We have been looking for another husky to add to our family but we haven't been actively looking since I will be out of town for two weeks at the start of July. Yesterday though changed all that. I came across an ad of Craigslist for a one year old male husky that somebody was trying to find a home for. I sent the ad to the husband and he said to go ahead and contact them to see how much they wanted. I finally got a hold of the guy and he wants $150. We are meeting the husky tomorrow at the dog park to see if him and Calvin get along. If they do we will be a two husky family again!  :yahoo:

I am slightly nervous though. All next week the husband will be on leave for work. But the following week I will be gone for two weeks and the husband will be back at work. I just hope the new boy settles in quickly.  :unsure:

But I will be sure to post pictures of the meet tomorrow and I will let everybody know if we get this lovely boy.

Here is a picture of him from the ad....his name right now is Lobo...

post-3591-0-18751800-1372188602.jpg

Well it is official! Lobo is now a family member. We met today at lunch. The owner was def just in it for some money. When I gave her the money she took it and said ok thanks and left. Lobo needs a lot of work. He seems to do ok in a kennel, but he is not fixed, and not trained well at all. Oh and he is scared to go upstairs. I guess the owner kept him in the garage from what she was saying.

Calvin and Lobo get along but Lobo keeps trying to mess with Calvin's bits and it is slightly annoying. Calvin keeps pushing him away and will yap at him. Hopefully they settle in more with each other soon.

If Lobo will sit still long enough I will try to get some more pictures of him lol. And we are figuring out a new name for him...suggestions welcome.

Well it is official! Lobo is now a family member. We met today at lunch. The owner was def just in it for some money. When I gave her the money she took it and said ok thanks and left. Lobo needs a lot of work. He seems to do ok in a kennel, but he is not fixed, and not trained well at all. Oh and he is scared to go upstairs. I guess the owner kept him in the garage from what she was saying.

Calvin and Lobo get along but Lobo keeps trying to mess with Calvin's bits and it is slightly annoying. Calvin keeps pushing him away and will yap at him. Hopefully they settle in more with each other soon.

If Lobo will sit still long enough I will try to get some more pictures of him lol. And we are figuring out a new name for him...suggestions welcome.

That's why I avoid buying animals off of Craigslist/Kijiji/etc... :(

I don't really like the name 'Lobo'...hm....

He looks like a 'Kavik' to me.

Congratulations. When we brought ice home it took a while for the pair of them to slot into place. He wasn't raised in a loving family and had a few issues to prove it but over time he adjusted and now they're inseparable. Not exactly a good thing but cute in a way. If he's constantly licking Calvibs bits initially it could be that he's 'sampling' him. Dogs use a variety of senses to explore and gain information, he could be using his mouth in order to suss out who Calvin is.

Congrats on the new addition!!!

I just brought home a rescue as well a couple of months ago.  At first I was worried because he got into a few fights with Nikko, and well Nikko is my baby and a spoiled brat lol.  It took him a few weeks to get adjusted but now it's like he has been here the whole time!

That's sad though, sounds like they mistreated him :(

Had he been neutered I would of said go for Theon ahaha

Congrats on the new addition :)

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

:rofl:

You never think you'd feel bad for Theon, but...

What about Tyrion (keeping with the theme)?