Husky Doesn't Like Water

CPWK13

Hey, all! So I was reading through some of the topics and saw some pictures of huskies walking and playing in water.

I'm curious as to whether your huskies like water, when they started liking water, etc.

Kato doesn't seem to fond of it. I've tried playing with the hose (on a gentle spray) outside and he runs away from it, scared, and he does NOT like baths. I had him over to visit my parents and their big 150 pound pure bred black lab, whom he LOVES. They have a kiddie pool for their dog, and Kato DID stick his front paws in it, but that's as far as he would go.

I assumed that he would like water, as I've always associated huskies with the snow, cold and wet. Is this something that will take time for him to learn to like?

I know I ask some silly questions, but I'm a first time husky mom, so bear with me here. :rolleyes:

Nikko and Yukon do not like baths at all...Nikko hates them the most, but he LOVES the hose and likes water outside.   I put him in the pool last summer and it seemed like he liked to swim. He loved wading in the lake too.   I havent had the opportunity to get Yukon or Kodiak in the pool yet

Both of my cows hate..., hate..., hate getting their feet wet. I have to chase them off the deck to go potty after it rains but they both do let me give them baths.... Tthey go buck wild though after I let them out of the tub and squeegy them a little. Laps & laps and over the couches they go for like 10 minutes straight, they do this. funny as all get out  :)

Kato doesn't care much for the rain either. It takes a few seconds of convincing, and I usually have to pretend to go down with him. He'll finally run down, but he zooms back up as soon as he's done.