Sashas Birth Date? And A Bit About When I First Got Her

Bambi92

On Sashas papers that I got with her from the pound it gives the choice of the date of birth or approx date of birth I always thought for some reason it was approx but I was looking at it earlier and its not under approx its under date of birth as 19/04/09 which makes her 4yrs old now when i got her they said she was 3-4 years old then which was 27/05/10 which would of made her 1 when I got her.

Which date should I use? Her birthday on the papers or the day I brought her home?

It also says on her papers that she's Siberian Husky it doesn't say she cross with anything the last dog we got from a pound said it was a cross breed on the papers. Is that saying Sasha is full husky? They said she was cross with something but they didnt know what.

I can't believe I've had my baby for 3years now it goes by so fast but I've seen her go from being shy, scared and not wanting to be around anyone to a happy, goof ball that still doesn't want to be around certain people and still has some issues were working on but the difference in her is amazing and I'm so very proud of her!! Ill never give up on her even though she is trying to knock me out with her stinky butt at this present time haha I love her more then anything!

The two very first photos I have of her not the best but can still see her this was the 3rd time I went to see her the first time she wouldn't come to the front of the cage she just sat at the back shaking and crying 2nd time she come a bit closer still scared though I sat there for 15mins talking to her and she come up to the front but not close enough for me to touch her she sniffed my fingers though and the 3rd time she came upto the cage let me pat her and they let me take her out in the yard (they didnt want to because she tried to bite one of the people that asked to take her in the yard about 20mins before I did I was watching them interact with her and they tried to force her to come to them) when I went in the yard with her I left her alone sat on the ground and waited for her to come to me she came over gave me a kiss on the cheek let me pat her then I said come sit (I don't know why I said it though lol) and she came over and sat on my lap for 5mins getting cuddles and she looked so happy. They were all so surprised that she did it they looks on there face were priceless haha.

post-9013-0-41038600-1372229099_thumb.jp

post-9013-0-97205000-1372229542_thumb.jp

And my beautiful baby a few weeks ago

post-9013-0-06320500-1372229608_thumb.jp

Looking at the pics (last one) she does look like a cross but it might just be the pic , it would be up 2 u when u go by if u think her birth date might be correct or not

Is there any way to tell how old a dog is?

Might go by the birthday I might remember it wouldn't have a clue if its correct or not though

not officially no , vets can take a guess by looking at their teeth but that's all

Thought so there's no way Sasha will let a vet look at her teeth guess ill never know :( oh well as long as she lives a happy long life I'm happy :)

She's gorgeous.

Your description of your first seeing her is almost identical on how we first encountered our Echo.

Shivering and hiding.

We went in and simply sat on the floor.

It took a week for her to come out and walk by us.

then the next week she lay down next to us and let us pet her.

By the 5th week we took her out for a walk.

The week after that we introduced her to Bear (our first White GSD . . .RIP big boy) and took them for a walk together.

the week after that we took her home.

She has bonded with my entire family, but doesn't tolerate strangers.

Even when we're out on a walk, if someone simply nods and says, "Morning" she will bark at them.

i have 2 rescues no idea of their age my girl Loki is 6 so i'm told and my boy Thor is 5 but i think he's alot older but it don't matter we love them both and their birthday is the day they came to us xxxxxxxx 

Sasha is stunning by the way xxxxxxxxxxx

She's gorgeous.

She has bonded with my entire family, but doesn't tolerate strangers.

Even when we're out on a walk, if someone simply nods and says, "Morning" she will bark at them.

Thank you :) and that's what Sasha is like except she won't bark at them she will pull away from them.

Sasha is stunning by the way xxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks :) I swear she knows she's a cutie haha always gives the cute puppy dog look to get her own way cheeky girl lol