Best Collars/leads ?

Blizzard

Only in day 3 of husky ownership lol, but after the first night blizzard has already ruined his collar so new one needed, would you suggest a leather one? I was worried it would rub on him as he's only 10 weeks?

Also now we can take him out I want to buy some kind of harness as he chokes with normal lead and collar and was wandering which is the best type to get?

Any help greatly appreciated! He sure loves being able to go out and see the world :) even though he got a little scared when a bus went by haha! :)

I prefer Mes Amis or White Pine collars if you're leaving it on full-time, as it doesn't damage the fur. However I wouldn't get one until he's full grown so you don't have to keep buying expensive collars, but something to definitely look into is lupine. They guarantee the collar even if chewed for the lifetime of the dog. Really good material, I'm getting a nylon collar and 2ft leads from them but if you're using the collar for walking I'd go with their combo collar so your pup can't slip out. I also have Indi-Dog half checks that I love, really durable and strong. Since he's still young I would use a collar and try as much as possible to work with him on not pulling and reward him every time he's loose-leash walking. Although I get the straining on the leash thing as Cloud has always done that no matter the amount of praise, so the Walk Your Dog With Love harness has worked wonders for him. However I didn't get those until after a year old so I still say try and work on not pulling, use lots of praise and treats when he doesn't strain.

If you want him to walk nicely on a normal collar NOW is the time to start training 

BEFORE he really gets into the habit of pulling you every which way.

All of mine have collars from Sid @ indi-Dog.  I love them ;-)

They are adjustable and are not bulky like some collars.  And I have always used the pinch training collars so they won't pull but many people don't like those, and they are not recommended for very young pups (although our trainer suggested mine on the 1st class when Nikko was like 10 or 11 weeks old).  When used correctly they can be a useful tool

Lead wise I have the shock absorbing lead by EzyDog, I love it, it does what the name says, ie: If she spots a cat or something and makes a leap for it, it really softens the shock of it resulting in my shoulder not getting dislocated lol, and the handle is really comfortable, don't think I'd go back to the standard nylon leads now :)

I use the halti for street walking which stops her from pulling

And harness + horse lunge line for off street walking :)

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

Lead wise I have the shock absorbing lead by EzyDog, I love it, it does what the name says, ie: If she spots a cat or something and makes a leap for it, it really softens the shock of it resulting in my shoulder not getting dislocated lol, and the handle is really comfortable, don't think I'd go back to the standard nylon leads now :)

I use the halti for street walking which stops her from pulling

And harness + horse lunge line for off street walking :)

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

Will need to check into the shock absorbing one when I walk all of mine together and alone..they dragged me down the road once after a dang squirrel..luckily the leash was wrapped around my hand so they didn't break lose I had them just they had me of that makes since lol

About a week after i got my Husky she figured out how to get out of her collar, so i've swapped over to a harness that clips up on her shoulder blades and her back.

Its much better for her when she pulls and shes has yet to get out of it ... also a shock absorbing lead is great For both you and your Dog .  

Firstly I would avoid a Pets at Home lead. The clip is not that secure Elka managed to get unclipped in one of er more active moments. I use two clips now for security.

I would highly recommend a Premier easy walk harness. Has turned my walks into a pleasure every time!