Worms

Hi guys

My poor Khaleesi has had really bad worms. When we wormed her we found a rather large round worm (which made my boyfriend scream!) And then after a few days of nothing I noticed there were loads of baby ones. Took her back to the vets and got her some more wormer that we gave her over 3 days but I can't believe how many worms my poor baby must've had. Now it's not just roundworm but threadworm and something else that I can't identify. She seems okay in herself but she's off her food a bit and has been sick a couple of times. Am I just stressing over nothing?

Thanks guys

Ps. I have a pic of the roundworm if anyone wants to see...it's a beast!

When we got Daughtry from the breeder 3 1/2 years ago first thing we did was worm her.

Good lord it was like spaghetti falling out of her bum.

Took about a week before she was clear, (and has been since)

These things reproduce like you wouldn't believe! People talk about 'multiply like rabbits' but worms can be far more active. So far (looking for some wood to touch) we have been ok with just using worming treatments (cats and dogs) so I'm not sure about Khaleesi being off her food / being sick. Surely someone else will be along shortly who has experienced it.

I'm guessing you are a fan of Game of Thrones?

EDIT

Andy posted at the same time!

I'll pass on the pic lol.  I have never had to deal with worms, but I hope she is feeling better soon!  If she is under a vet's care I would keep the vet informed of how she is doing and keep a close eye on her.

Once you go through the worming routine, you should repeat in three weeks. That's because the first round kills the worms, but not the egs they have laid. In three weeks, the cycle of new worms will be active, so a second round of worming should break the cycle. We have ours on heart worm preventive year round, which also keeps the intestinal worms at bay.

Thanks guys. The vet did say she might be sick. She was really greedy when we got her (probably because of the worms) and we're supposed to be giving her 100g of dry food 3 times a day but she's just not eating anywhere near that much. She's still so lively and active and is putting on around a kilo a week, so I think it's ok, well she's trying eat my arm as I'm writing this. She's got her second jabs next week so I'll ask then. Thanks for all your help x